Hello from Utrecht in the Netherlands!

Hi everyone,

My name is Adie, I'm 27 and my weight loss story is a bit of a long one. For many years I'd tried to lose weight with every style of plan, Weight Watchers, Slimming World, Cabbage Soup Diet (yeah... I know) but to no avail. Finally in 2009 (whilst I was still living in the UK) I managed to lose about 30 kilos and then a few years later some more. BUT... for the last few months some of the lbs have started creeping back on. So I thought I would give this site a try. Also, I never made it to my final goal and was still about 20 kilos away, so I'd like to finally finish what I started. Anyway... the reason I am posting is because I'd really like to get in touch with some people for mutual support and to share ideas and positive motivation. Is there anyone out there who is in need of the same?

Adie

Replies

• goron59
    goron59 Posts: 890 Member
    Hi Adie from Ady and welkom bij MFP :)

I've been here a while, and weight was starting to go in the wrong direction, so could use so new motivation too.

Good luck!
  • Hi Adie,

I just joined MFP today :-)

I have about 20kg to loose, so I am hoping I will stick to this. I am also from the Netherlands, I live close to Eindhoven.

I am also looking for some support, so I am happy to cheer you on! :)

x
    Natasha
  • ImprovingEla
    ImprovingEla Posts: 396 Member
    Hey I am Michaela I live close in venlo - blerick!
    If you want add me!
    Just a short warning, my diary is in three languages (german, dutch and english!)
    Hope you love mfp as much as I do!
  • Hi Spacecurly!

I will add you in a sec once I figure out how to do it.

I also speak English, dutch and German. Where are you originally from?
  • Hi Andie, this is Karen from the US and welcome to MFP. This is a great site to help with losing weight and getting healthy.....lots of encouaging memebers! Good luck and feel free to add me as a friend!
  • ImprovingEla
    ImprovingEla Posts: 396 Member
    I am originally from nearby cologne, viersen to be exact, it is on the boarder near venlo! Not really much of an immigration I have done, but hey, I get credit for living in the netherlands right *lol*:tongue:
  • runmybunsoff
    runmybunsoff Posts: 224 Member
    Hello!!! Welcome, I will add you! =)
  • paigearts
    paigearts Posts: 13 Member
    Hello! I am in Dortrecht... I moved to The Netherlands over 2 years ago, and have packed on 50 pounds! I too am in need of loosing weight..... Would love to exchange more info with you.... :) Paige
  • radario
    radario Posts: 59 Member
    Hi, I lived in Germany for 12 years but recently moved to Italy. Mir fehlt Deutschland sehr! Always happy to have more positive friends to share this with - especially if they're in the same time zone! Add me if you like.
    I'm in the process of shifting 30kgs. Calorie counting isn't sexy but it works if you make it work. No magic, no gimmicks, just you in control. And us, all here to cheer each other along and share ideas, have a vent once in a while then get back on track and keep moving. Also los :)
    Anyone can add me if they like. A message with a friend request would be nice.
  • GreatDepression
    GreatDepression Posts: 347 Member
    Welkommen in MFP. Ich mag Nederland sehr. Kennst du Ayaan Hirsi Ali? Sie ist meine Heldin.