Snack Trick!

Options
2»

Replies

• arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I feel like nuts would not fill me up at all. My mom does the same thing she'll just have a handfull of peanuts....I dont think peanuts will do it for this girl! lol I usually make myself 2 eggs with toast

for a SNACK??? Holy cannoli!! :laugh:
    Are you saying that's a bad snack? I think it's a great one, not many more calories than a serving of nuts and a great source of protein and fiber if it's whole grain so will fill you up.
    I don't think that's a bad snack at all. I had almonds last night before bed, but depending on what your goals are, 2 eggs and whole grain toast is only about 200ish calories so if it's in your calorie range, why not?

Eggs are my favorite, easy peasy food!! I always have boiled eggs ready in the fridge. I have cholesteral issues so do not eat as many of the yolks. I love to make 3 whites/1 yolk omelet with 1/2 oz shredded ched............*mouth watering now*
  • 1Sweets
    1Sweets Posts: 395
    Options
    Arewethereyet's idea is Awesome! :happy: I had no power last week for 3 days so cracking nuts in front of the fire was something to do fighting major boredom while I got to eat! My problem is it's hard to stop eating once I start:noway: :noway: :noway: I had leftover nuts from the Holidays....Then I would throw the shells in the fire to watch them burn...Awwwwww.

Then it makes my stomach hurt from all those fiber-ish nuts:ohwell:

yeah too many can def give me a tummy ache.

I found coco covered almonds by Emerald are perfect for me when I crave chocolate. They are sweetened with some artificial stuff....so not perfect-but better for ME than a candy bar which will send me off on another 2 week sugar jaunt.

MMMM yum yum I'll put that on my grocery list for today:tongue: Yeh I'm one of those people who need to learn self control...it seems once I taste it I go wild & can't stop....sometimes it best if I banish it from my life...but like you say "it'll keep you from another week of a sugar jaunt" which sets me back (again).

Question: Why does your ticker only show 1 lb lost? If memory serves me didn't you loose a bunch of weight? Are you starting a new goal for yourself or somepin (as my son use to say when he was little "somepin")
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Arewethereyet's idea is Awesome! :happy: I had no power last week for 3 days so cracking nuts in front of the fire was something to do fighting major boredom while I got to eat! My problem is it's hard to stop eating once I start:noway: :noway: :noway: I had leftover nuts from the Holidays....Then I would throw the shells in the fire to watch them burn...Awwwwww.

I found coco covered almonds by Emerald are perfect for me when I crave chocolate. They are sweetened with some artificial stuff....so not perfect-but better for ME than a candy bar which will send me off on another 2 week sugar jaunt.

MMMM yum yum I'll put that on my grocery list for today:tongue: Yeh I'm one of those people who need to learn self control...it seems once I taste it I go wild & can't stop....sometimes it best if I banish it from my life...but like you say "it'll keep you from another week of a sugar jaunt" which sets me back (again).

Question: Why does your ticker only show 1 lb lost? If memory serves me didn't you loose a bunch of weight? Are you starting a new goal for yourself or somepin (as my son use to say when he was little "somepin")

you are sweet for noticing!! I did lose 36 pounds to reach 5 pounds past my goal weight. I realized I have maintained this for about a year now so decided to start fresh!! I have it at 10 pounds, which I hope to lose over the next year.

I think you know how hard it is to lose that last 10:angry:

:laugh:
  • arewethereyet
    Options

Oh and I count my almonds, put them in a pretty crystal looking bowl, get a huge glass of water and a paper napkin. I make a big production out of my snack time at night now. The family thinks it is funny:wink:
  • karmasBFF
    karmasBFF Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    This is such a great post! I usually never read a post that I was not a part of all the way through! I love the "Production Nuts" idea. I read once that presentation and attention to food is key in losing weight and eating less.

I will definitely be going to buy me some nuts, a nutcracker, and a pretty crystal bowl. Friday night snacking here I come!
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    This is such a great post! I usually never read a post that I was not a part of all the way through! I love the "Production Nuts" idea. I read once that presentation and attention to food is key in losing weight and eating less.

I will definitely be going to buy me some nuts, a nutcracker, and a pretty crystal bowl. Friday night snacking here I come!

:smooched: :drinker:
  • DeeDeeLHF
    DeeDeeLHF Posts: 2,301 Member
    Options
    I like the idea that it takes time to eat them! I love eating nuts and always buy them in the shell, even sunflower seeds are so much better in the shell...otherwise you can eat them by the handful and that is a calorie killer!

Thanks Jeannie!
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    I like the idea that it takes time to eat them! I love eating nuts and always buy them in the shell, even sunflower seeds are so much better in the shell...otherwise you can eat them by the handful and that is a calorie killer!

Thanks Jeannie!

mmmmmmmm sunflower seeds. haven't thought of them in years! Think I will get me some this weekend. Thank you DD!!
  • 34at35
    34at35 Posts: 318
    Options
    Almonds have about 7 -8 calories each, so be sure to get the raw. The roasted ones or flavored may have more calories.
    I usually have 10 to 12 for a morning snack and with water that keeps me going till lunch. I usually keep them at work so
    I have not tried them before bed time. I usually do yogurt at before bed. I just read an e-mail from realage about foods to
    help you sleep and yogurt was one of the items listed. :happy:

25 cinnamon almonds weighed an ounce on our food scale and 1 oz has 150 calories. But, boy, are those ever good! Is hard to eat just 1 oz. We find them in the pproduce section, like Arewethereyet said.

Do you make the cinamlan...cinmanin....those kind yourself or buy them? if you buy them what brand? sounds yummy!

We buy them from the Kroger chain in our area (King Soopers). They are found in the produce section in 1 lb plastic bags. I think Suntree is the brand. I've also seen them labeled as California-grown Cinnamon Almonds. We have also found them at natural foods stores in bags or tubs as well as in the large barrels that you scoop out yourself. They are coated with a cinamon/brown sugar coating but suprisingly not very much sugar is on them so they are OK - just as long as you don't eat the whole bag at one time! :laugh: We must have mice because half the bag is gone usually by the time I get home from work! :laugh: :laugh: And since we're empty nesters...IT COULDN'T BE MY BETTER HALF SNEAKING ALL OF THEM, COULD IT? :noway: :noway:

Former President Clinton selected cinnamon-glazed almonds as his snack of choice at the 1993 and 1997 presidential inaugurations. I can see why because they are just about the best thing I've ever tasted!
  • DawnOf1969
    DawnOf1969 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    I feel like nuts would not fill me up at all. My mom does the same thing she'll just have a handfull of peanuts....I dont think peanuts will do it for this girl! lol I usually make myself 2 eggs with toast

Are you saying that's a bad snack? I think it's a great one, not many more calories than a serving of nuts and a great source of protein and fiber if it's whole grain so will fill you up.
    I don't think that's a bad snack at all. I had almonds last night before bed, but depending on what your goals are, 2 eggs and whole grain toast is only about 200ish calories so if it's in your calorie range, why not?

Eggs are my favorite, easy peasy food!! I always have boiled eggs ready in the fridge. I have cholesteral issues so do not eat as many of the yolks. I love to make 3 whites/1 yolk omelet with 1/2 oz shredded ched............*mouth watering now*
    That's what I do too! Except I will usually chop up some spinach or peppers or other veggies with bacon bits and/or parmesan cheese to put into it and make a frittata or scramble. Even more recently I've been using egg beaters and making my frittatas.
  • arewethereyet
    Options

That's what I do too! Except I will usually chop up some spinach or peppers or other veggies with bacon bits and/or parmesan cheese to put into it and make a frittata or scramble. Even more recently I've been using egg beaters and making my frittatas.

yummo.....I love any kind of veggie in there. The other day I scrambled the eggs, added a bit of cheese, and when all thru I threw 2 tbls of salsa on top while the bread was toasting......it was really good
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Almonds have about 7 -8 calories each, so be sure to get the raw. The roasted ones or flavored may have more calories.
    I usually have 10 to 12 for a morning snack and with water that keeps me going till lunch. I usually keep them at work so
    I have not tried them before bed time. I usually do yogurt at before bed. I just read an e-mail from realage about foods to
    help you sleep and yogurt was one of the items listed. :happy:

25 cinnamon almonds weighed an ounce on our food scale and 1 oz has 150 calories. But, boy, are those ever good! Is hard to eat just 1 oz. We find them in the pproduce section, like Arewethereyet said.

Do you make the cinamlan...cinmanin....those kind yourself or buy them? if you buy them what brand? sounds yummy!

We buy them from the Kroger chain in our area (King Soopers). They are found in the produce section in 1 lb plastic bags. I think Suntree is the brand. I've also seen them labeled as California-grown Cinnamon Almonds. We have also found them at natural foods stores in bags or tubs as well as in the large barrels that you scoop out yourself. They are coated with a cinamon/brown sugar coating but suprisingly not very much sugar is on them so they are OK - just as long as you don't eat the whole bag at one time! :laugh: We must have mice because half the bag is gone usually by the time I get home from work! :laugh: :laugh: And since we're empty nesters...IT COULDN'T BE MY BETTER HALF SNEAKING ALL OF THEM, COULD IT? :noway: :noway:

Former President Clinton selected cinnamon-glazed almonds as his snack of choice at the 1993 and 1997 presidential inaugurations. I can see why because they are just about the best thing I've ever tasted!

:laugh: I will look for them this weekend.
  • 34at35
    34at35 Posts: 318
    Options
    :laugh: I will look for them this weekend.
    [/quote]

Any luck finding them? They're about $2.99 /lb here in our Kroger-owned store but much more expensive at the "Natural Foods" stores! LOL!

Saw them yesterday in one of those "natural foods" stores for $6.49/lb! :noway:

Shoulda just stuck a gun in your ribs instead! :laugh: