Ladies 5' 9" - What's your goal weight?

Options
I can't wait to get there but I have no idea what I should choose for my goal weight. MFP says 169, WW says 162, I think that may be too low but I'd love to hear from those of you that are either at your goal weight or have chosen your goal weight. What was your reason behind choosing that number or size?

Replies

• gigineve809
    gigineve809 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    If its any help, I'm 5ft 10in and now weigh 156lb's. I'm now a UK dress size 12.......hope thats been some help! Good luck!
  • DontWeightStartNow
    Options
    I'm 5'7 and I chose 160 because that number is healthy BMI of 25. Although since I'm lifting weights, I'll have to see how I look when I start to get down there because that may not be a reasonable weight.
  • amez1974
    amez1974 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I am 5'8" and my goal right now is 155 (started at 242) I have weighed as less as 135 and that is difficult to maintain and a bit on the thin side for me. In my profile picture-- I think I'm about 172 and a size 10. I have lost a bit more now and am starting to fit into 8s.
    mybodygallery.com is a great site for seeing pictures of real women that you can search by size, weight and height to give you an idea of how you might look at a given weight.
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10, my goal is 148
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11 and I'm aiming to stay under 150. Right now I'm 147.
  • lindseyrh
    Options
    I'm 5'9'' and my goal is 145. The smallest I've ever been is 148, but I want to go just a little further. Also, at 145, I want to be lean and have lots of muscle, so I think it will be a smaller 145 than I was before (I hope...) My dream would be to wear a size 6 pants US, but I am thinking my reality is more of an 8...butt and thighs is where I carry all my weight, and it is always the last place the weight comes off!
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    Mine is 175. It's a good weight on me and my frame. I'm comfortable and it's fairly easy to maintain for me.
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    140!!!!!!!!
  • crazy4lulu
    crazy4lulu Posts: 822 Member
    Options
    i am 5 ft borderline 10 and a half inches. i weigh 183.
  • 4sandrad
    4sandrad Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and my goal is 155, just a few more to go.
  • OfficiallySexyVal
    OfficiallySexyVal Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    I am 5' 11 and my goal is around 185. That is the weight I was when I was 13, however, I feel that I have a very large frame so if I am thin at 200lbs then I might just be happy there. Who knows!
  • berv0009
    berv0009 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Anywhere from 135-140 for me! I have been there before and that is when I felt most comfortable/confident -- I have a small frame though and I know that would be too light for many tall girls. Depends alot on your body!!! So do what feels best for YOU
  • FTIM2015
    FTIM2015 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    5'9 and aiming for 145-7, although I'd LOVE to be 140 again. Broad hips and shoulders meant I never looked skinny even at 145.

I'd be about 142 in this pic...
    bunnybigger.jpg
  • hnuzzolilo
    hnuzzolilo Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Go to where you are comfortable. I am doing small goals in 10lbs increments.
  • Divamc
    Divamc Posts: 21
    Options
    I think it depends on your body frame and how much muscle you carry. I'm 5'8.5" and I look good at 190. When I get down to 180-170, I start to look a little sickly. I build muscle pretty quickly, so even though the number in the scale says one thing, my body looks another. My goal is to get down to a healthy weight/BMI. What the number will be will be determined by medical and visual factors...not necessarily the scale. I used the scale as a guage of my progress, not my success.
  • Alraines1
    Alraines1 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I just started on my journey and I actually decided on 169 lbs. I just want to get to the cusp of a healthy bmi. Anything I lose after that goal is met is just cake but I would love for that to be my maintenance weight as well. I really think that with my "big boned" figure anything less would be too small. Then again, I wont know until I get there!

Also, thanks for this post. I sometimes feel like the only person in the world that is 5"9'. (I seem to attract height-challenged friends :-)
  • morticiamom
    morticiamom Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    My initial goal is 160, but I have an ultimate goal of around 145.
  • hellzak
    hellzak Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I dieted and got down to 149 i am 5'10. When i got that low I looked really skinny. Even the bones on my chest were showing. It was not attractive. I felt and looked much better at about 155-165. I have been told that i am small boned. They tell you this by measuring around your wrist. At 149 i was in a size 6-8. At 155-165 i was at a size 8-10. Levis brand skinny jeans. Hope that helps.
  • emzack
    emzack Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and have always been most comfortable between 155 and160. (I'm now 157 and a size 10.) I'm trying to break out of this weight range and get down to 145 and a size 6-8. My body is reeeeaally resisting it so we'll see what happens!
  • JinxRita
    JinxRita Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    My initial goal is 170lbs, since I know that would look fine on my frame. I might adjust it as I get closer to my goal weight to see how it looks and feels, and go from there. :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!