Setbacks and mindset

Options
I have decided to try to change my thinking along with my eating habits to make myself healthy. I am no long saying I'm on a diet. Becasue I am not! I am learning to make the best healthy choice for me on a daily basis. If I make a bad choice, I just remember the next piece of food that enters my mouth should be healthier. I will not deprive myself of a certian food, but make the healthiest choice I can. In the past, I have been to strict, and gained everything back.
No more tomorrow is a new day. Today is my focus. I choose to be healthy. Yep, there will be some setbacks, but I am going to try to figure out why I made a bad choice, learn from it, and figure out how to have made a better choice. NO more beating myself up and thinking well I already screwed up, so I can just keep eating this way, and start over tomorrow...TODAY is what is now my focus.

Today is my new day. Every time I eat, it's a chance to be healthy!
~Sam

Replies

• mbrownks77
    Options
    Awesome way of thinking! I have been trying to do it too but it does get frustrating sometimes! Good Luck, you can do it girl!
  • Mangoaddict
    Mangoaddict Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    Excellent! I am also thinking along the same lines. You have to KNOW what you are eating before it goes into your mouth. This is a form of education. The more we learn, the more we can change and the more we can help educate others with. I love your way of thinking. :smile:
  • WhatAWaist
    Options
    That is excellent. It is not a diet, it is a lifestyle change. That means a way of living long term. You can do it. A lot of people overwhelm themselves but thinking when they deicde to lose weight its all or nothing. You did not gain the weight overnight so why expect that you can change everything overnight. Small steps that will make a difference is the key. My newest change is this.....at one point I became dependent on quick convenience foods (i.e. 100 calories packs, hostess 100 calorie cupcakes, etc). While they may have given me a food that fit into my calorie range, they did not always provide the nutirtional content I needed. My new step is to only eat fruits as a snack during the day. If I still want a snack cake or fiber bar then I can only have one a day and it's at dinner. It's like a reward. The ironic thing I noticed is that when I started eating more fruit, it's what I started craving. It must have worked because I lost 2.5 lbs this week. So hang in there, keep a positive outlook and make small changes.
  • kristinlough
    kristinlough Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    I love this thought process! And since I just finished watching "What What Happens Live" you get my Mazel of the Week!
  • SammiAnne11
    SammiAnne11 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Thanks!
    I just figure that I need to work on the whole picture to make a complete lifestyle change!
    :heart:
    sam