Samsung Note II

Options
wwk10
wwk10 Posts: 244 Member
I have had my eye on this for a while.
The first thing any review talks about is the size.
Will it fit in your pocket? Is it too big for your hands? Is it so big it looks silly?
My response was always: bring it on. I want a huge screen.

I finally held one in my hand this week and I have to say . . . . its kind of big.

Any thoughts?

Replies

• Eric53066
    Eric53066 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    My brother-in-law just got one. It's ginormous. It fits in his pocket, but don't plan on wearing skinny jeans with it. It's not a WHOLE lot smaller than my wife's Kindle Fire. A lot thinner though. It's really nice, I wish I had one.
  • wwk10
    Options
    I like the big screen for web surfing or for following GPS in the car or boat.
    I can push the buttons one handed, but I do not have a strong grip on the phone.
    I wonder if I would be nervous about dropping the phone if I used it one handed.
    I like to run with my phone in my hand.
    Same issue. I can hold it one handed, but its not a tight grip.
  • testease
    testease Posts: 220
    Options
    i have the original Note, i love it because im am quite a big guy. So the phone looks "normal" on me, but if you are small it looks like a tablet.
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    I'm waiting to get my hands on one. Thinking of replacing my iPhone 4s with it.

I have an iPad and an iPhone, but I don't carry the iPad because it's too big and the iPhone is too small to use as you would a tablet. I'm hoping the Note II will give me all I want in one platform.
  • Kaydoggie
    Kaydoggie Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I have the original Note and am jealous as hell whenever I sell someone the Note 2. I got used the the size pretty quick, and am not sure how I would manage without it now :)
    That being said, I doesn't fit in my pocket, but being a woman, I have a purse :)
  • _kannnd
    _kannnd Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    My hubby is switching from an iPhone 4 to a Note 2 later this week after AT&T releases them. He didn't use the phone part of it too often. He likes the bigger screen so that he can use it more for work.
  • wwk10
    Options
    Thanks for the replies.
    Like I said I wanted big, but after I held one I have to admit its pretty big.
    It is comfortable in my hand but I dont want to drop it.

I have a HTC EVO now. That is a relatively big phone. When I grasp it one handed my fingers and thumb almost meet.
    When I run with it, I have no fear of losing my grip.
    With the Note, my finger and thumb are about 1.5" apart.
    I still have a grip on it, but not a tight grip.
  • Falling_star
    Falling_star Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    i had the same resevations about the size i have had mine 3 weeks now and love it i have got used to the size i went from an iphone 4 and i have to say the samsung note gives me much more options i love it. watch the reviews on utube to help make u make ur choice.