Advice on Eating

Options
Hey all. Just wanted some constructive criticism on what I am eating, should add in, cut out etc. I don't log consistenly on the weekends as I go out alot and don't know what is in what Im eating. Usually I know I don't go over 2500 calories. My activity consists usually of 2 nights a week of soccer and 3 nights of weights. Any other questions that need to be answered to help with advice or suggestions just let me know. Thanks!

- JoAnna

Replies

• Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Hey all. Just wanted some constructive criticism on what I am eating, should add in, cut out etc. I don't log consistenly on the weekends as I go out alot and don't know what is in what Im eating. Usually I know I don't go over 2500 calories. My activity consists usually of 2 nights a week of soccer and 3 nights of weights. Any other questions that need to be answered to help with advice or suggestions just let me know. Thanks!

- JoAnna

What are your goals?

Eat foods you like, try to focus on mostly whole foods, get in adequate protein and fats and create a deficit for fat loss and surplus to gain
  • baxgilter
    baxgilter Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Over the past 2-3 years Ive lost 85 lbs. Now Im concentrating on gaining muscle and mostly looking good naked haha. Im happy with the weight im at but wouldnt be sad if I lost more or gained more if my cloths were fitting better. Hope that helps.
  • bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    I would recommend not using "quick add" calories as much as possible. It doesn't help when it comes to tracking anything other than calories. That could throw you off pretty quickly if that option is used frequently.
  • jenlipe
    jenlipe Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Keep track over the weekends. If your restaurant isn't listed, find a food that is close. You might make different choices from the menu if you see you are eating a lot more calories than you anticipated. Other times your yummy and high calorie choice is still what you want and get, but you could always add some more calorie burning activities through out the day.

I have been amazed at some of the good foods I have found at restaurants that I would never have chosen before doing the weight loss thing.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    My advice would be less processed meats.
  • baxgilter
    baxgilter Posts: 246 Member
    Options

Alternatives?
  • Jennyfaye13
    Options
    Keep track over the weekends. If your restaurant isn't listed, find a food that is close. You might make different choices from the menu if you see you are eating a lot more calories than you anticipated. Other times your yummy and high calorie choice is still what you want and get, but you could always add some more calorie burning activities through out the day.

I have been amazed at some of the good foods I have found at restaurants that I would never have chosen before doing the weight loss thing.

I completely agree with this. Whenever I am unaccountable I veer off course.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options

Alternatives?

Buy fresh meat and cook it yourself. Less chemical fillers and sodium.
  • Jessicao33
    Jessicao33 Posts: 189 Member
    Options

Alternatives?

Go to a butcher, a health store, look for grass feed meats. Good luck