Mike’s Daily Rant 11/07/2012 Topic: Weight a Minute

Options

Replies

• MikeDaMotivator
    Options
    Where is the ranting?

Its encrypted. You have to look a little harder.
  • sunnyside1213
    sunnyside1213 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    I have to watch that I don't bore people to death with my transformation.
  • MikeDaMotivator
    Options
    I have to watch that I don't bore people to death with my transformation.

LOL as you shouldnt. Its good to talk about it on here. :-) we embrace it.
  • StinkyWinkies
    StinkyWinkies Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    I've a friend who is a former co-worker and we laugh about how it seems the only thing we have in common is work, since that is all we seem to talk about...But, it is just not true, we have other things in common as well. We make a concerted effort to NOT talk about work all the time...writing of which, I need to give her a call... bye now.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Essentially, you're irritated with her and stopped talking to her because she's consistently & repetitively displaying an annoying behavior...

very-interesing_o_149988.jpg
  • MikeDaMotivator
    Options
    I've a friend who is a former co-worker and we laugh about how it seems the only thing we have in common is work, since that is all we seem to talk about...But, it is just not true, we have other things in common as well. We make a concerted effort to NOT talk about work all the time...writing of which, I need to give her a call... bye now.

LOL love it.
  • MikeDaMotivator
    Options
    Essentially, you're irritated with her and stopped talking to her because she's consistently & repetitively displaying an annoying behavior...

very-interesing_o_149988.jpg

I love the pic. LOL.
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    I agree, it's too easy when you're so wrapped up in weight loss/exercising/healthier living to go off on unwelcome tangents. I'm guilty but since have learned to STOP DOING THAT because it's annoying as hell (and people will never take your advice anyway, they have to learn for themselves.)

Weight loss is magic until you find out it's not. While there are general rules, certain plans work better for certain people and fit into their lives. It's up to them to make health important enough to figure out how all the pieces can work together for them so that they're active and doing the right things for their body.
  • MikeDaMotivator
    Options
    I agree, it's too easy when you're so wrapped up in weight loss/exercising/healthier living to go off on unwelcome tangents. I'm guilty but since have learned to STOP DOING THAT because it's annoying as hell (and people will never take your advice anyway, they have to learn for themselves.)

Weight loss is magic until you find out it's not. While there are general rules, certain plans work better for certain people and fit into their lives. It's up to them to make health important enough to figure out how all the pieces can work together for them so that they're active and doing the right things for their body.

Very Well Said!!
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    When I started I didn't talk or mention it to anyone aside from close friends due to having to explain why I can't do the weekly food amount consuming contest or drinking games. As time passed and the results were very obvious people started to ask me, and I still only say watching what I eat and exercising more. But I can see were she came from if she had no outlet to talk about that stuff, lucky for us we got MFP.
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    I had pizza for lunch.
  • MikeDaMotivator
    Options
    When I started I didn't talk or mention it to anyone aside from close friends due to having to explain why I can't do the weekly food amount consuming contest or drinking games. As time passed and the results were very obvious people started to ask me, and I still only say watching what I eat and exercising more. But I can see were she came from if she had no outlet to talk about that stuff, lucky for us we got MFP.

You are always on point with your responses. Thank You.
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    tumblr_m9pcrmxd9G1rfroxvo1_500.png
  • _jk0g_
    _jk0g_ Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I agree it does get annoying to only talk about my weight loss. There is more to us than just weight loss and exercise. In general I don't bring it up or offer advice. Only if asked. Most have no interest in what you have to say any way, so I tend to keep my mouth shut. That is me....
  • 18ishunter
    18ishunter Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    how did you do that
  • katie070563
    Options
    I've just realised how obsessive I have become with calories etc.....good post, really enjoyed it!!
  • chubbygirl253
    chubbygirl253 Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    uh oh i do it too. i'm that girl. sigh.
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    I didnt read any of this thread at all, but just wanted to say I LOVE the OP's display photo!!
  • wcjcjplourde
    wcjcjplourde Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm in an office of 3:00 chocolate eaters. And, I'll admit, I endulge too, when I have the calories to spare. However, when I don't have the calories to spare, my co-workers seem to try to force feed me whatever they're munching on. So, I'll explain to them, "There are too many calories in that, and I don't want to go over", or something along those lines. And, it irritates the heck out of them!!! Should I just stay quiet and be the antisocial one during munchie hour?
  • Chuckle_n_Dwindle
    Options
    OMG...I am guilty as charged! ::note to self...must stop talking about weight loss all the time::