weighing

Options
this may be a crazy question/ but how often should you weight yourself

Replies

• NelsM01
    Options
    I weigh myself every day at the same time (first thing in the morning). This works best for me. This way it motivates me when I see the pounds going down (although please keep in mind if you are weighing yourself every day you may not notice much change over a few days) and if it starts to go up I know I need to relook at my food intake and exercise from the past few days. If you don't want to do daily weigh-ins, you could do weekly but personally I wouldn't do any infrequently than that. I once went to once a month weigh in and found I gained 5 lbs. I think it's your own personal opinion on what you choose to do.
  • scagle4008
    Options
    try once a week because weight jumps up and down with water and salt intake.
  • Laura80111
    Laura80111 Posts: 958 Member
    Options
    Most people telll you to weigh yourself once a week. For me I have to do it everyday because it keeps me focused other wise I'm where I am today...I stopped weighing myself last March and now I'm back to square one this year. I do keep one day a week as my official weigh in day and one day a month as my monthly date to see how I am doing weekly and monthly. So choose a day and mark it as your start date:wink:
  • kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,648 Member
    Options
    I weigh once a week...
    The idea of not weighing everyday is that our body weight flucuates so much... It can be discouraging... You have to take a lot of factors into account. But, the weekly weigh-in seems to work for me :wink:
  • aerobicgirl
    aerobicgirl Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    thanks guys i will do the once a week i guess fridays since friday my family usually go out to eat/ so it will let me know if i can have my hamburger or a salad/ hahaha
  • drvvork
    drvvork Posts: 1,162
    Options
    I weigh twice a day: 1st thing in the morning after going to the bathroom and before drinking or eating anything and in the same type or amount of clothing then before bedtime with the same criteria for clothing. I hope to gain no more than 2 pounds by the end of the day (it tells me I was a good girl):happy: .

This works for me. I guess it is a personal preference.
  • acureese
    acureese Posts: 169
    Options
    I weigh myself once a week. That way I don't think about the numbers too much and focus more on the healthy food choices, exercising, and lifestyle choices :)
  • bonnykate
    bonnykate Posts: 123
    Options
    i weigh once a week - it keeps me from obsessing over my weight, and gives me something to anticipate and work towards, a la "the biggest loser" weigh-ins.
  • jillybeanruns
    jillybeanruns Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself once a week. Otherwise, I get completely obsessive about the number and it ends up doing way more harm than good. I used to weigh myself twice a day...NEVER do that to yourself.