Shy Newbie

Options
:blushing: Just wanted to connect with others who are on the same path...health.

I was recently diagnosed with Hashimoto's (hypothyroidism due to autoimmune disease). I am doing a smash of Eat to Live and Paleo. I have cut out all white flour and sugar. Since dropping these items I feel tons better. I see a personal trainer twice a week for upper and lower body strength training via weightlifting. The other 3 days I do Tabata and walk. For weekends, well, I rest. I kick up my feet and have a glass of wine and just enjoy life.

Just fyi I normally do not reach out to others as I am shy (a tad reclusive). I am trying to better my life and thus here I am! Motivation always helps me. Feel free to add me and I will do the same.

To life.

Replies

• thethingirlinside
    Options
    Sending request
  • LovelyLifter
    LovelyLifter Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:

good luck to you
  • Denjo060
    Denjo060 Posts: 1,008
    Options
    Hi Newbie you can add me if you want Or better yet Ill send you a request and congrats on taking a big step to a healthier life :bigsmile:
  • bcerz811
    bcerz811 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I will add you! :) I am shy as well, and I won't feel bad if you don't reach out! But I'll do my best to comment and encourage you as I'm able. I'm at work a lot and don't always have time to get online to do much more than log my food, especially on weekends. I don't do Eat to live or Paleo (not because I disagree with them, but because I just don't have the means, or the need right now to try it), but I try to eat as much whole and good food as possible and keep processed flours and sugars to a minimum. Good luck with your life change!
  • tommystroop
    tommystroop Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thank you!
  • OddballExtreme
    OddballExtreme Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I'll add you as a friend, too. After all, we're all in this together to be healthier!
  • mobydick44
    Options
    Let's do it together =)
  • MommiLauren
    MommiLauren Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    hi newbie!! sending you a request =) i also have Hashimoto's. i got diagnosed after my first baby. still trying to get all that weight off!!