During progress 4' 10 3/4"

Options
So I felt kind of like a phony posting this in the success stories board when I am not even half way to my goal but I figured it was about time I finally made a post on here and was hoping to find a few people with stories similar to mine. I started my MFP journey at the end of July. I was self proclaimed not able to lose weight. I have PCOS and have blamed a lot of my weight gain on that, although I know that was most likely caused by weight gain. I have inappropriate sinus tachycardia, which a side effect is exercise intolerance, again one more thing for me to blame my weight gain on. I was also a self proclaimed non runner. I am proud to say I graduated C25K and completed my first 5K last month and am currently running 3x a week 4.5 miles so I am able to run the 5 mile Turkey Trot Thanksgiving Day. I woke up and decided one day that all of these things were just excuses and that I would be able to lose weight some way, somehow, no matter how long it took. I am only 4' 10 3/4" and at 25 years old, so every little bit of weight seems to show. But I am hoping that by the beginning of this summer I will be at an appropriate weight to try to start to have a family

lutsen2-1.jpg
lutsen.jpg

this is me before at the end of July, I had already lost a few pounds, my offical start weight was 181

karly3.jpg
karly1.jpg

these are from yesterday, current weight 155

Replies

• sbowl
    sbowl Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Great progress! I'm sure you feel better and you look awesome. I love your red t-shirt too :)
  • easycure
    easycure Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh!!! You look amazing, and I will send all the baby dust I have your way!! <3
  • karmanc04
    karmanc04 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Your story belongs in the success section!!! Look how far you have come. Congratulations and all my best as you plan to have a family soon.... That adds a lot of adventure to your life. :)
  • Barbell_Jules
    Barbell_Jules Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    You have EVERY right to post this in success stories. Weight loss is still weight loss, beginning, middle, or the end of the journey!!! Your progress already is awesome. You look terrific!!

I love that you have beat all the odds that were stacked against you! That is so inspiring to me!! I have always hated running as well, but I don't want to hate it. I am now running intervals when I walk and I am bound and determined to get to running my entire 35-40 minute work out and then hopefully a 5K sometime in my future!.
    Good Luck to you with the rest of your journey.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!