HELPFUL TIP FOR THE DAY

Options
SMALL PORTIONS
I am eating only when I get hungry and I eat only enough to satisify my hunger. I do not clean my plate. I eat slow and only half of a regular portion of a meal. It almost always is enoung to satisify me and I stop. I throw the the rest of my plate away. (I am not good at saving it for later. I have to make it disappear).

Replies

• Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    Why not just put less on the plate and not waste food?
  • cailinlowe
    cailinlowe Posts: 161 Member
    Options

ya! dont waste!
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Ditto.
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    Please don't waste food. :(
  • Erienneb
    Erienneb Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    I could never throw away food!
    To cut down portion sizes I got a smaller plate. Now I have less, it feels like I'm eating a lot, I eat slowly, and in all I'm eating less.
  • Rachlmale
    Rachlmale Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    If you know you're not going to finish said meal, do not make the meal so that you have to throw away... Gosh I wish I could afford to throw out food... and wipe my tush with dollar notes!
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options

^^^^ THIS
  • cailinlowe
    Options
    I could never throw away food!
    To cut down portion sizes I got a smaller plate. Now I have less, it feels like I'm eating a lot, I eat slowly, and in all I'm eating less.

smaller plates make a HUGE difference.. its all a mind game
  • cailinlowe
    Options
    If you know you're not going to finish said meal, do not make the meal so that you have to throw away... Gosh I wish I could afford to throw out food... and wipe my tush with dollar notes!

wait, you don't wipe your tush with dollar notes?!?!!
  • Rachlmale
    Rachlmale Posts: 640 Member
    Options

wait, you don't wipe your tush with dollar notes?!?!!

well clearly OP does - pass some my way? I'd love to give it a go! :D
  • cprough
    Options
    Yes, I do put less on my plate. . I eat until I am satisified and sometimes when I fix my plate, I am not sure exacally how much that is. So, I have a little left over. I know it is a little wasteful, but I am not talking alot of food. Usually just several bites. You have to do what works. Thanks for the advice. :smile:
  • MissyJessy
    MissyJessy Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    or instead of ONLY eating when your hungry eating 6 small meals a day so that your metabolism does not get a chance to slow down it has fuel to burn through out the day....

Just sayin... makes more sense
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    or instead of ONLY eating when your hungry eating 6 small meals a day so that your metabolism does not get a chance to slow down it has fuel to burn through out the day....

Except it's a myth. :-)
  • TheCandel
    TheCandel Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    don't drink diet soda unless you drink A LOT of water... bloat city!!!
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options

Your metabolism doesn't magically slow down. Just sayin.
  • cprough
    Options
    good idea
  • Tony_Brewski
    Tony_Brewski Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    Don't waste food! Think of the starving children in China!
  • wheldar
    Options
    Hello,

I am new to the MFP groups.

I am learning about portion control, and learning to visualize smaller portions. Learning also to cook much more healthier. I have th luxury of some of the best food farmers markets in the Atlanta area, and love finding new foods or at least new ways to make the same foods I used to eat in a healthier way.

My question here is about drinking water before eating a meal. I feel it helps to get me full before I sit down to eat. Since my water intake has increased susbtantially with the start of my new, doctor monitored diet (Diabetes, 1800cals a day). I believe it works for me. Does drinking water before a meal to aid in filling up a bit dilute the nutrition of a meal? I would think not, but would like to hear from someone about this.

I drink water with fresh squeezed lemon juice. It is so refreshing and tastes SOOOO much better than plain, filtered water. I use a Britta 1/2 gallon water filter and am always filling it up. Water is replacing the numerous diet sodas I habitually drank throughout a normal day.

Any thoughts on drinking water before a meal would be great, thanks.

RG
    Atlanta, Ga
  • NocturnalGirl
    Options
    A helpful tip is to stop giving unhelpful tips
  • JosephVitte
    JosephVitte Posts: 2,039
    Options

I rarely quote, but this just say's what I want to say, I do have a lil more, but I'll save the name calling for another day, it's too early, and too many people are dying all over the earth due to starvation.......wtf..............have a good day.