This week's lesson

Options
I'm lactose intolerant and I eat a diet that is low fat. This week I learned that just because something is lactose-free doesn't mean you should eat it. In fact, I probably would have been better off just eating the regular version. And read your ingredients labels, guys. Especially if it's a specialty item, because the things they use to mock the original product might not agree with you. (This tactic has previously come in handy when I'm buying specialty frozen waffles, because a lot of them are made with potato starches and the like that, while fine for people who are actually allergic to gluten, is not nice for me. I just want whole grains, guys.)

Let me explain. Cream cheese is awesome, right? Or so pinterest would have me believe. It pretty much solves all problems and tastes delicious added to everything. But it's still a dairy product, even if it has a relatively low lactose content. Anyway. The lactose-free vegan version is a pretty good substitute. The downside?

It's made with ****ing coconut oil.

Should have just eaten the regular cream cheese. It's got more protein, comparable calories, and probably would have caused me a LOT LESS digestive upset.

I'm not saying coconut oil is bad, but diving right into that **** and putting a tbsp of it on your bagel is killer.

Rant over. I hope you can all learn from my two days of hell.