What The Heck!!!!

Options
Ok have i been taught wrong ? I thought a baked potato was good ? I had one from Wendy"s Last night no butter no sour cream - and was 270 calories wow ...I also had a small chili ( which i put on top of the potato) which was less calories.. than the potato......Are you kidding me !!! and the carbs are way out there .... Crazy !!!!! Was really good and I had the calories to use...lol

Replies

• ischmelle
    ischmelle Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean. It's amazing when you start to put in the calorie amounts of food and find out how they are really converted in your body! :noway: But, there are some foods that I allow to be that high and I eat anyway, like potatoes. I just make them "meals" like you did (I often do the same at Wendy's! lol) The others are EVOO, avocados, etc. My rule is, if it is natural and unprocessed then they are calories that I just make room for in my daily plan. Great job having the calories to use! :drinker:
  • kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,648 Member
    Options
    I just posted questions about baked potatoes yesterday.... I have heard the pros and the cons...

My decision... I will have a baked potato every now and then when i really want one... The best idea: get a small one and go easy on the extras :laugh:

AND for a MEAL, your calories weren't that bad..... BUT for the carb conscious person, potatoes are a no go ...