Confession... I WAS a closet eater.

Options
Nicmc8
Nicmc8 Posts: 178 Member
It makes me sick to think of this, but I just have to get it out of my head. I obviously didn't get to the weight I am by eating like a bird. However if you ever were around when I ate you might wonder. I rarely would eat bad food in front of people, but get me alone and watch out... I could put down a whole pizza, cheesecake, whatever I was craving at the time. When I went through the drive thru at fast food places I often could not make up my mind... do I want the Big Mac or Nuggets? Hmmmm guess I will get both! Sometimes I would order a meal for myself and a kids meal.... but my daughter wasn't even with me! Or sometimes I would just order a second drink, so the person taking my order would think I was ordering for two people.

Finally after almost one month of realigiously logging in to MFP, I feel like I am starting to have control over my eating. I am making ME the priority in 2010. I have lost 16lbs so far, working to lose another 4lbs by next Thursday... Feb. 4th was my goal to lose my first 10lbs by.... but I am going to double that and lose 20 by then!

I still allow myself McDonald's... but I just get a burger (440cals) and diet soda... and I do not do this everday. I think the reason I have been successful is because I have not limited myself, I can eat whatever I want... but I need to stay within my calories. I have been drinking water mindlessly, and hitting the gym at least 4 times a week.

Thank you all for your constent support and for letting me vent. I needed to tell someone about my closet eating... and I figured you would all be the ones to understand:)

Replies

• embr
    embr Posts: 21
    Options
    16lbs in a month is fantastic work, well done!!!
    i think the still allowing yourself to have some bad food every once in a while is more realistic than cutting it out forever and it probably means you won't crave it so much you have a massive binge :smile: ugh, i too used to eat 'bad food' in private not all the time but then i'd wonder why I was gaining weight! haha! :laugh:

keep up the good work and congrats on the weight loss and being the priority in 2010!
  • aznikigirl21
    Options
    Wow so when I ready your confession, it was like reading into my own guilty conscience. I thought I was the only one who ordered an extra drink so that the drive thru person wouldn't know I was eating all that myself. I have been told LOTS of times, but you hardly eat anything or you eat really healthy. Yeah, in front of you!
    I have been hiding for a long time and when I decided to start, it was about getting real and putting it out there. It's kind of freeing once you say it. The fear of being judged is still there but I guess we are all here for the same reason, right?
    You sound like your doing great. Can't wait for that Disneyland trip for you! Now you don't have to worry about it being Pooh friendly.
  • MTGirl
    MTGirl Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    WooHoo!! Way to go. I'm right there with you on the closet eating thing. That has been one of the hardest things for me to overcome. Good job :drinker:
  • nschmie32
    Options
    What you posted was so brave. I am sure there are many people who eat more in private. I do that as well...mostly on the weekends. I found that if I stay busy, I eat less. Again thanks for the encouragement.