Insanity

I started Insanity over today. I was into it three weeks but only got about a week and a half of workouts in because I was sick. If anyone wants to join me, please do :) Would love more support and to help motivate.

Replies

• I started Monday! So far it's kicking my tail. Haha working out extremely sore muscles isn't easy :S
  • JediSwan
    JediSwan Posts: 455 Member
    My calves dont like me right now but so far, I'm doing alright I think. Could be worse. The very first week I was on the floor!
  • Jenn728
    Jenn728 Posts: 683 Member
    Today is my day 18, cardio recovery.

This is my second try at Insanity. The first time, I thought I was too out of shape to do it. This time though, I go at my own pace while trying to dig deeper and for the most part, I can keep up. I am really enjoying it!!!
  • LadyVeng3ance
    LadyVeng3ance Posts: 236 Member
    I started my very first day today as well! The fit test :D
  • JediSwan
    I am doing what I can to keep up. Trying to my hardest. Way harder than P90X. But I am hoping in the end, I will conquer it and no matter what, I will be further ahead in the end than when I started. :)
  • Stacyanne324
    Stacyanne324 Posts: 780 Member
    My husband and I just started last night. I had started it before but only made it to day 10. My husband never tried it before and I don't think he was fully prepared for how hard it works you. Looking forward to night two tonight after the kids are in bed. I'm glad we are doing it together so we can motivate each other to stick it out.
  • I feel bad for stopping in the middle of the exercises, but I am so sore and out of shape I really can't keep up! If you stop in the middle of an exercise, do you pause it to catch your breath and then play it again, or just stop while it plays and jump back in when you're ready?
  • dsimmons107
    dsimmons107 Posts: 387 Member
    Well this is my first week doing Insanity. I have done P90X and P90X2. Insanity is tough but after doing the other two it is not so bad but I have not made it through yet so we shall see. If you would like to add me please do.
  • Jenn728
    Jenn728 Posts: 683 Member
    I feel bad for stopping in the middle of the exercises, but I am so sore and out of shape I really can't keep up! If you stop in the middle of an exercise, do you pause it to catch your breath and then play it again, or just stop while it plays and jump back in when you're ready?

There are many times when I need to pause to catch my breath or my muscles are screaming...I don't stop the video...I just take a few deeps breaths, grab a drink of water and jump right back in wherever they are.

ETA: I try not to take more than about 10 seconds of a break at a time.
  • lacurandera1
    lacurandera1 Posts: 8,083 Member
    I started two days again. It's a good workout, but I thought it would be more difficult. I guess I'm in better shape than I thought. LOL.
  • New goal: to keep up with Tania. She is FIT.
  • JediSwan
    Depends on where I am in the video if I stop or pause. If its early, I pause and get a drink and come back. If its later, I am too tired to find the remote and just pause and jump back in. My heart rate was high this morning and I'm working on leveling it out so I dont have a heart attack. But its a good burn. I like it so far.

And yes, anyone can add me but please put a message in. I dont tend to accept requests without a message. :) THanks!
  • Stacyanne324
    Stacyanne324 Posts: 780 Member
    I feel bad for stopping in the middle of the exercises, but I am so sore and out of shape I really can't keep up! If you stop in the middle of an exercise, do you pause it to catch your breath and then play it again, or just stop while it plays and jump back in when you're ready?

I just stop, grab water, catch my breath, whatever...and then jump right back in. I figure the extremely fit people on the screen do this from time to time (or Shaun tells them to take a break) so it is no wonder I need to. :)
  • Kryn_K
    Kryn_K Posts: 44
    Hiya!! Do you have a group? I'm starting today I bought insanity like a month ago did it for 2 weeks then sttoped I felt sick (nausea) but I'm try it again. Hopefully with time I stop feeling sick.
  • SexyLovinmeCook
    SexyLovinmeCook Posts: 1,393 Member
    I am starting over Sunday....completed first month before and let it go....But I am determine to complete the entire program and have some kick azz results.... Definitely will step back in this room for support and give it...
  • phyre_5
    phyre_5 Posts: 52 Member
    Started the second week yesterday - have pure cardio tonight which I'm not too stoked about, but hey, gotta do it! I gave the program a go at the beginning of the summer but I didn't make it past the 2nd week. This time I'm going all-to-the-wall with it because I'm already feeling 100% better. I've got two new buds who are on a mission with me, so if you'd like feel free to add so we can motivate each other. Just let me know it's for Insanity!! :)
  • jessicamott
    jessicamott Posts: 9 Member
    Tomorrow (Monday) is the start of my second week! I am very thankful for the Sunday "rest" day because I am SORE! I've done Jillian videos for the past 2-3 years, but needed a change and this is the perfect one.
  • JediSwan
    Starting my second week tonight. Who is with me? :) I am determined to get through this program.
  • krg7il
    krg7il Posts: 1 Member
    I feel better to know that others are not able to complete the whole exercise. I tend to go alot slower than the video, or I also have a tred mill right next to me, so I will go on that if I am to fatigued out to do the rest of the circuit. I figure something is better than nothing. I hope eventually I will get stronger and have more endurance so that I will be able complete start to finish
  • I do Insanity twice a week for my cardio days. Its a great cardio workout. Good luck!