I'm new on Paleo diet--anyone else?

Options
I have given up all breads, grains, pasta, etc. and am currently doing the Paleo diet. I must confess that my clothes are fitting better, especially my pants! Is there anyone else trying this approach?

Replies

• buggaboo73
    Options
    Not me...........but I am curious as to the details of the Paleo diet. I can't do it, if I don't get enough carbs my sugar goes wacky and I get very, VERY mean........so I stick with complex carbs in moderate portions. But I'm curious anyway, if you don't mind sharing. Is there more to it than low carb?
  • WickedFit
    Options
    Just did some research on it. I had actually never heard of it before today. Is it something you plan on doing long term? Or just until you reach your goal weight?
  • maddogbev
    Options
    hi im new on here too and need advice on exercise mainly yes you have guessed my belly ! have been dieting for 2 weeks and lost 4lb , 2lb each week have just started using running machine this week and wonder if it will help with my wobbly bits lol:laugh:
  • opal1980
    Options
    yeah i couldn't give up completely on carbs either...I had cut back a lot to almost nothing for a while until my mood changed (not 4 the good) and found out that if u work out ( which I did 3-4 times a week) u do need some carbs to help repair your muscles....if u like pasta but don't want to eat it...try spaghetti squash..it's not to bad adn tastes amazing with just a small amount of brown sugar on it :) good luck with your journey
  • PrimalB
    PrimalB Posts: 12
    Options
    I've been primal/paleo for 5 or 6 months now. I am gluten intolerant, so it was not too large of a shift from me -- no gluten to no grains.

It is not as large of a challenge as you would think. You just have to focus on fresh fruits and veggies and meats...no processed junk.

This isn't a low-carb thing at all. You can still get plenty of carbs from veggies and fruits; you just don't get extra carbs from grains and certain other high-glycemic load foods (corn, potatoes, etc). In the end, you end up eating a lot more nutritious foods rather than filling up on breads and pastas. I am an elite cyclist and have to pay attention to re-fueling glycogen stores (via carbs). Yet, I find my levels are easily maintained while eating in accordance to a primal diet.

check out: www.marksdailyapple.com