INSANITY!!! WHO IS STARTING FEBRUARY 1ST WITH ME?

Options
Iffer75
Iffer75 Posts: 2,817 Member
I am ready and can not wait to start Insanity Monday. I have my food plan all mapped out and will be shopping over the weekend for all my foods.

I just finished my second round of P90X and am excited to do something new. I have heard it is pretty tough, but I am willing to sweat it out and get good results from it.

Who is with me? We can all keep in touch and ask questions here about Insanity.

I wish everybody the best of luck with their journey with Insanity and any other workout you are conquering. :bigsmile:

Replies

• kristinlough
    kristinlough Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    OH my gosh I WISH! I can't afford the DVDs - good luck and have fun!!
  • gurlondrums
    Options
    I'm already a week into it, but good luck! :drinker:
  • Iffer75
    Options
    Gurlondrums-How are you liking it so far?
  • gurlondrums
    Options
    Oh, it is amazing. The first 2 days I was a bit sore, but now my body's used to it. I look forward to my workout everyday. But if you can't go as fast or as long as they can, take a break. Shaun T's good about saying go your own pace. It makes me feel amazing though. Love, love, LOVE IT! :happy:
  • Iffer75
    Options
    I am glad to hear that you like it. I am so looking forward to it. I am ready to DIG DEEPER!!! You are more than welcome to chime in any time you want here. I would love to hear about what all you like and maybe don't like about a workout, so I can or can not look forward to it. :bigsmile:
  • sandy429
    sandy429 Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    Jennifer - I have some tips for you that I'll post in a little while. They're on my other computer. :smile:
  • Iffer75
    Options
    Kewl, thanx Sandy. I was just wondering if there any other Insanity people out there, that is why I thought of starting a new topic. I will stay with our group as well, since we all already know one another and it is a great support thread. Just thought I would let you know I am not leaving our thread. :bigsmile:
  • sandy429
    sandy429 Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    Jennifer -

We also have an Insanity thread here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/71530-insanity

We're a small, but very supportive, group! :bigsmile:

Some tips . . .

1. Make sure you eat clean and often. Use the Elite Nutrition Plan and follow the calculations. Your body needs food for fuel during these intense workouts.

2. Don’t work out on an empty stomach. Not only do you need fuel to make it through, but your body needs something to burn. If it doesn’t find it in your tummy, it will turn to your muscles – not fat. I always have a small-medium banana before I begin, and it works well for me.

3. A recovery drink will be your best friend. Remember that recovery drinks & protein shakes are not the same.

4. Get a good pair of cross-trainers. Running shoes will not cut it. Your feet and knees need the lateral support of a cross-trainer.

5. Don’t try to keep up with the people on the video. They’ve already been through the program at least once. Go at your pace, and don’t stop moving.

6. Stay off the scale. You won’t see results right away on any program. Give it time and only weigh in on Fit Test days.

:drinker: