How often do you all weigh in

Options
2»

Replies

• lousoulbody
    lousoulbody Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    When you click weigh-in on MFP, there is a suggestion on when to weigh in.. Once a week same day and preferably before breakfast. Stay away your weekends if thats when you tend to eat more. Friday mornings works for me, because date night is Friday and then theres the weakend...need i explain,lol Remember the scale is evil once a week is enough~!

Cheers!!
  • Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    I don't. I don't even own a scale. My clothes feel looser and I'm happier and have more energy. That's enough for me.
  • DenyseMarieL
    DenyseMarieL Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Never. I go by my clothes, inches and how I feel.
  • SillySkittles
    SillySkittles Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Officially? Once a week on Wednesdays. First thing after I do whatever business and right before I hope in the shower :D

Although I weigh myself every day in an effort to get to know my body and how what I do / eat / drink affects it, so I have promised myself not to lose it when on a non-official weigh-in day, I don't like the numbers I see. I just stop and ask myself what could be the reason for the up or down and try to come up with a way to combat that.

I don't put too TOO much stock in the scale alone since I'm getting more aware that so many things can affect the outcome, so I also tape once a week.

Hope that helps!
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning. I only do it because I used to not weigh myself after days when I ate too much because I didn't want to see the number go up. Like a form of denial or something. So I weigh every day just to keep myself in check. I only record a loss on MFP when it's the same number 3 days in a row.
  • mabelbabel1
    mabelbabel1 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every Monday morning and on the 1st of each month. I also take pics and measurements on the 1st of each month too.
  • jen10st
    jen10st Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I weigh weekly on a Tuesday morning as I like to know how I'm doing without seeing the daily ups and downs. I'm thinking of going down to fortnightly weighing when I get close to goal as my trousers falling off me is a better indicator of how much I'm shrinking :)

:love: Oh my god you actually know what a fortnight is!!!
    Haha yeah, I'm in Wales its a pretty common word here lol. where r u from?
  • ZeeShay
    ZeeShay Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    I do it once a week same day/ time... but i dont log it usually until i finish the month.
  • chelle_fri
    chelle_fri Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Every day... like 5 times a day.
  • Chadomaniac
    Chadomaniac Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    like every day , but i log it in once a week . usually every monday
  • ash190489
    ash190489 Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    When you click weigh-in on MFP, there is a suggestion on when to weigh in.. Once a week same day and preferably before breakfast. Stay away your weekends if thats when you tend to eat more. Friday mornings works for me, because date night is Friday and then theres the weakend...need i explain,lol Remember the scale is evil once a week is enough~!

Cheers!!

I used to be the same, each and every Friday morning... then a friend said to me that they weighed in every Monday! I was like "Why would you do that to yourself!?" cuz I usually like to have a "cheat meal" either on Friday night or go to social events on the weekend etc. and still want to enjoy myself a LITTLE bit. She said it was so she continued to eat well on the weekend as she knew she'd have to weigh in Monday morning. I think that's quite clever if you're serious about losing the weight and want to stay strict. I did change it to that for a while, but as I reached my goal I changed it back to Friday's as it's nice to now have a little treat etc. and be able to join in with my friends.

At the moment I probably weigh myself every 2-3 days but only record it once per week if there is any changes (as I remained the same for quite a while).