HUNGRY!! Any zero calorie food ideas?

Options
I'm starving and I have 630 calories left for dinner (and the sliver of leftover cake in my fridge). What can I eat?

Replies

• Kelly_Runs_NC
    Kelly_Runs_NC Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I'm starving and I have 630 calories left for dinner (and the sliver of leftover cake in my fridge). What can I eat?

Try 1/2 cup of 1% cottage cheese for 80-90 calories and it's full of protien. Works for me.
  • letjog
    letjog Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    so do you want zero cal food ideas or 630 cal food ideas?
  • soehlerking
    soehlerking Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    haha no such thing as zero-calorie food, i'm afraid. 630 is a lot!! just from my normal (not great) eating habits i'd have a cup of dry cereal (130 cal), a piece of toast (100 cal), 2 eggs (200 cal), and still have 200 cal for your cake! nomnom now i want cake.
  • smiling_sushi
    smiling_sushi Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    If you want super low calorie: celery. If you want something that will hold you over until dinner: nonfat Greek yogurt, lowfat cottage cheese, hard boiled egg, or anything high in protein.
  • Hitem20
    Hitem20 Posts: 121
    Options
    You can get dinner well under 500 and have a decent snack now.

Dinner:

Love these chicken sausages: http://www.aidells.com/products The apple ones have 180 calories per link so one those, Have a half cup of Uncle Bens 90 second brown rice (95 calories), a couple of slices of tomato and some green leafy stuff and you are good to go.

Have a snack with some fiber in it to fill you up (pears are one of the highest fiber content fruits around) and you may have room for your sliver of cake later!
  • dcglobalgirl
    dcglobalgirl Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I'm at work so not a lot of options, so i got some popcorn just to nosh on till dinner. I'd like to keep as many of my calories for dinner as possible.

I don't know how to say this without sounding incredibly spoiled but my housekeeper makes dinner so I don't know what I'll have till I get home. She knows i'm trying to lose weight and makes lots of good veggies so I just try to limit my portion sizes of the other stuff.
  • Hitem20
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I'm at work so not a lot of options, so i got some popcorn just to nosh on till dinner. I'd like to keep as many of my calories for dinner as possible.

I don't know how to say this without sounding incredibly spoiled but my housekeeper makes dinner so I don't know what I'll have till I get home. She knows i'm trying to lose weight and makes lots of good veggies so I just try to limit my portion sizes of the other stuff.

Have your butler run out and grab you some pears to keep at the office ;)
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options

Send her to my place! I'll happily play the random calorie lottery. =D
  • 1sophiesophie
    1sophiesophie Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Have half a stock cube in a mug of hot water with some mushrooms thrown directly into it (the heat will cook them enough). Eat the mushrooms with chopsticks (seems more satisfying that way) and drink the rest.

Terrible for nutritional and sodium values (unless you have a clever low sodium stock cube in your cupboard, which I don't), but it is hot, savoury and filling and might get you through a short term hunger crisis if you have run out of calories!

(I realise this isn't zero calories, but it should be well under 50)

EDIT: Only just realised you are at work...maybe just stick with the stock cube only, if you can buy one from a nearby shop?
  • norcal_yogi
    norcal_yogi Posts: 675 Member
    Options

....now that is just not fair... i have four daughters and would LOVE a housekeeper!:wink:
  • 130annie
    130annie Posts: 339 Member
    Options

[/quote

Can she come and cook for me? If the portion are too big, put half in a container for work next day!
  • Hitem20
    Options

....now that is just not fair... i have four daughters and would LOVE a housekeeper!:wink:

5 Women in the same house??? Your poor husband.
  • dcglobalgirl
    Options

Hee, hee!
  • dcglobalgirl
    Options

Send her to my place! I'll happily play the random calorie lottery. =D

Okay, you buy the ticket from Bogota to the States and I'll send her right over. :)
  • dcglobalgirl
    Options
    Have half a stock cube in a mug of hot water with some mushrooms thrown directly into it (the heat will cook them enough). Eat the mushrooms with chopsticks (seems more satisfying that way) and drink the rest.

Terrible for nutritional and sodium values (unless you have a clever low sodium stock cube in your cupboard, which I don't), but it is hot, savoury and filling and might get you through a short term hunger crisis if you have run out of calories!

(I realise this isn't zero calories, but it should be well under 50)

EDIT: Only just realised you are at work...maybe just stick with the stock cube only, if you can buy one from a nearby shop?

This is brilliant! I will think about stocking up (pun intended)
  • dcglobalgirl
    Options
    I do realize I'm incredibly lucky but as a single mom, I'm so grateful to have someone who cooks, cleans, watches the baby, etc.
  • WillLift4Tats
    WillLift4Tats Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    If you want super low calorie: celery. If you want something that will hold you over until dinner: nonfat Greek yogurt, lowfat cottage cheese, hard boiled egg, or anything high in protein.

Mmmmm, now I want a hard-boiled egg
  • AnnaMC1977
    Options
    ONLY 630? Wow, that's like half the calories I get for ONE DAY. I could never eat that much in ONE meal. If that's how much you have, you can get a burger (from anywhere). If I actually had that many by the end of the day, I'd eat what I usually do (275/300 kcal meal) and just report a deficit in calories for that day.
  • AnnaMC1977
    Options

^^^^^^^^^^^^
    THAT!
  • mizzie1980
    mizzie1980 Posts: 379 Member
    Options

Well, what do you think those four daughters are for? Get them working! :tongue: