5 months to lose 30 pounds?

Options
I have been a member here since November 2011. I lost 20 pounds in the first 3 months and then fell off the wagon. Here I go again, round 2, trying to lose 31 pounds by my birthday and anniversary May 1st, 2013. Any tips on how I can make this possible? I am at 156 right now, and plan to be at 125 by May 1st. I currently have 2 jobs, go to school full time, and try to spend as much time as I can with my boyfriend. With all of that going on, I have been exhausted and only been working out 3x a week. I plan to push that number up to 5x a week. Please help me reach my goal! Any tips would be awesome.

Replies

• Cyclink
    Cyclink Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    31 pounds in 20 weeks is certainly doable.

You will need to make sure you exercise vigorously and watch your calorie intake very closely and you can't afford any backslides.
  • samnco
    samnco Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Doable. I had the same goal with an end date of Jan 7th, I have been watching what I eat very closely and working out but I am not weighing myself. Good luck!
  • prawntaar
    Options
    On days that I don't have time for a structured workout, I have a small routine that I can fit in before/while the shower warms up: push-ups, planks, tricep dips, walk sits, lunges, etc. It's may not be much, but it's a short 15-20ish minute routine that I can do in my bedroom when I wake up.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    No problem! Just do it!
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    Should be able to get close, maintain a 750 calorie deficit per day and you should be in the ballpark. 20lbs might be a little more reasonable but sure, aim high.