Traveling

Options
Any tips for flying and traveling?
I've got a "girls weekend" coming up and would love some insight into other people's travel tricks.
Thanks!

Replies

• fitinyoga14
    fitinyoga14 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    just had one of those weekends a little bit ago. i tried very hard but it didn't go as well as i wanted it to. an outing like this can be very difficult, especially when your girlfriends are all thin and don't have to worry about a thing that they eat. if i were to do this weekend over again, here's what i would do:

-plan your food the best that you can. pack food with you that you know you will eat, plan what restaurants you will be visiting and plan what kind of entree would be best to order.

-remember that eating healthy will give you more energy so that you can get the most out of your trip.

-try not to let yourself get too hungry or you are more likely to settle on eating anything that's around. for me, the problem with travelling and doing these fun trips is i'm usually eating dinner later than usual at a restaurant. because i'm used to eating earlier, i'm starving by the time its ready to go out. i suggest eating a small, healthy snack and then ordering a lighter dinner to go along with it. if you wait till you're starving, you'll end up binging.

-try to limit your alcohol

-don't beat yourself up if you get a little off track this weekend. at least you'll have fun and enjoy yourself!
  • efcdcdb
    efcdcdb Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    I would also recommend trying to get as much "natural" exercise in as possible. Take the stairs, be the one to offer to "fetch and carry" or run back to the car or the room for the forgotten item, or walk up to the information desk, or whatever. Look for opportunities for quick walks around the outside of the hotel or the grounds of wherever you are. In other words, just MOVE!
  • bkeeldo
    bkeeldo Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Drink lots of water, especially when flying. Also when you are drinking alcohol, remember to get some water in there too. It'll help keep you from drinking as much and it'll help prevent a possible hangover too!
  • RentThisSpace
    RentThisSpace Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Here are a couple of suggestions:

-You can try and see if anyone else is up for doing some early morning calisthenics or going for a run. Working out in a new place with friends is always fun. You might be surprised who else might be up for this.

-If you have any input on what you will be doing while there, try and suggest activities that will burn more calories. Waling around at a museum or zoo is still walking and burns calories.

-Keep you goal in mind and be conscious of what you are eating. Don't go for the chips and dip and head to the veggie platter instead.

-Alcohol is always a tough one. Try and limit high calories beers and drinks as much as possible. A little online research can reveal calorie differences in several poplar drinks and beers. Opt for the lower calorie mixers (diet soda, for example) and lower calorie beers.

But don't beat yourself up too much if you go over. Its supposed to be fun, so make sure you don't obsess too much over calories at the expense of fun.