Stuffed peppers?

Options
iRun4wine
iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
Hi everyone -

I want to make myself stuffed pepper tonight- I have peppers, some ground turkey, feta cheese cumbles, veggies, etc. but I'm looking for a good recipe. Anyone have a good, healthy recipe for the stuffing? Thanks! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• poustotah
    poustotah Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    I brown the turkey and add some mushrooms and garlic. Cut the peppers in half and fill them with the turkey mix (makes 4). I top mine with organic tomatoes and cheddar cheese and bake them for a little while at 350.
  • youngs
    youngs Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Use Lean ground beef, whole grain rice and mix then stuff in peppers..then I cover with Hunts diced tomatos..I also am planning on trying this with cabbage rolls..but have not done yet...Good luck
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    I usually just do italian ground turkey sausage with some dice tomatoes and rice, stuff that into the pepper, put it into a pan, put some water into the pan, and throw it into the oven for 15-30 mins.
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    I use wild rice, a bit of extra lean ground beef, diced onions, minced garlic, canned diced tomatoes (or tomato paste if you don't like the chunks) & parmesan cheese in mine. Sometimes I'll dice up some fresh mushrooms to put in there too.

Delicious!
  • iRun4wine
    Options
    Thanks everyone. Sounds like my official plan is to brown up the turkey, add in a whole bunch of diced veggies, garlic and then stuff the peppers and bake them.

Do I have to cover the peppers, or just stick them in the oven?
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    I put mine in a pot with about an inch of water, cover and steam them til the pepper is soft.
  • iRun4wine
    Options
    This is what I ended up doing, and it came out AWESOME!! :love:

1 red pepper- sliced in half and gutted

4 ounces of ground turkey (I used Perdue 93/7 ground turkey)
    2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
    2 tsp EVOO
    20 grams feta cheese
    1 tbsp low-sodium ketchup
    chopped tomato
    chopped onion
    chopped carrots
    minced garlic
    spices to taste (I used black pepper, italian seasoning, garlic powder, parsley)

1. Cooked the stuffing in a frying pan until turkey is cooked and veggies begin to soften
    2. Drop the pepper (cut in half and gutted) in a pot of boiling water for about 5 minutes
    3. Remove pepper, and stuff with stuffing
    4. Place stuff pepper halves in oven at 350* for about 40 minutes- I like my peppers still somewhat firm
    5. With about 5 minutes left in the oven, add crumbled feta to the top of the peppers

Nutrition:
    Calories- 380
    Carbs- 21
    Fat- 21 (would be lower if you wanted to skip the EVOO)
    Sodium- 443
    Protein- 30

All around, a healthy, easy and delicious meal! :flowerforyou: Thanks for the ideas and advice, everyone!