What do you think... Belly Wraps?

Options
OK so I'm just wondering about what everyone thinks about those belly wrap things for losing inches around the waist? When my husband needed to lose some weight fast he wore it while he jogged and it worked. Yeah it does make you sweat more. I'm wondering if it's the water weight lost that makes you lose or if having something like that really makes you lose around the mid-section?

Just want some input on it :happy:

Replies

• Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    I think it's a bunch of BS. Sorry, just being honest.
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    I'm betting it was the jogging and not the belly wrap that helped him lose it!

LOL
  • Oompa_Loompa
    Oompa_Loompa Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    too bad things like that didnt work huh? Life would be soo much easier.
  • Buzzkitty1
    Options
    Yet another thing that works "in conjunction with diet and exercise". So what's really helping? I'm going to have to go with the diet and exercise and not a belly wrap. :)
  • Ang8178
    Ang8178 Posts: 308
    Options
    People, I know you don't know me, but he was really really in shape! Very muscley, but was going back into the military after a 5 year break in service and needed to lose a few pounds in a week to make weigh in. Yeah, he worked his butt off, but I'm wodering if the extra "heat" around that area worked. This is the worst problem I have, Oh hell, I don't even know why I asked, I'm going to give it a shot on my cardio and see if it makes a diff for me...
  • tntrav44
    tntrav44 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Good luck! I think any time you add an extra layer, it helps you sweat more. I teach at a high school, and I know our state-ranked wrestlers wear all kinds of crazy things to lose those last couple of pounds before weigh-in!
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    I teach at a high school, and I know our state-ranked wrestlers wear all kinds of crazy things to lose those last couple of pounds before weigh-in!
    This is just water weight, not fat.
  • vrdz3215
    vrdz3215 Posts: 493
    Options
    I agree it is water weight :) when my brother wrestled he would wear garbage bag under his clothes and work out in order to cut weight. I used to wear a belly wrap when doing cardio and it made my stomach feel smaller when I took it off after working out.
    Ang- you will find that when you ask questions like this about supplements or anything like that you will get attacked with the "only thing that works is diet and exercise" which is true and I know that you know that, you are just looking for something to give that little extra umph to your workout. I say if you feel a difference whether there be one in actuality or not, wear it because it just may make you work out harder!