Calf question

Options
I have larger calfs and really want to be able to wear boots (used too in my teen days).. but since I packed on the weight I can't wear them... :o( any suggestions as to what I can do?

Replies

• Game8
    Game8 Posts: 442
    Options
    Lose weight?
  • ChantalD75
    ChantalD75 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Ummm I know that... but I have lost before and never in my calf.
  • vbdoss
    vbdoss Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    cycling is supposed to be very good for your calves. Try that.
  • kdub67
    kdub67 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Lots of boots come in an "expanded calf" style...I'm sure you can find a pair (or three!) that you like:)
  • peuglow
    peuglow Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    If you have 130 lbs to lose, you will certainly reduce the size of your calves. Remember, carrying around all that extra weight puts some serious muscle on your legs from bearing so much extra weight, so they will likely never be as small as they once were. But 130 lbs of fat loss will do wonders.
  • laurasimmons
    laurasimmons Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Calf raises....running
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    Your calf muscles have gotten bigger because they needed to support the bigger you. As you get smaller, and STAY smaller, they will eventually slim down, too. And if they don't, well you'll be left with sexy, muscular calfs that look good in heels if not boots.
  • meg7399
    meg7399 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Some designers/brands make boots for wide calves...look for those maybe. Also, booties and tights always look cute in my opinion!! If you can't find any you like than I am not sure what else to say. When I lost weight, it was not in my legs first but you just have to keep at it until your whole body is losing and you can fit into boots again!
  • carlyhawks05
    carlyhawks05 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I had the same problem! I started working out 7 days / wk and started eating healthy. I cut out fried foods and candy! I also started running every other day, starting small, as in to the end of the street and back. IT CAN HAPPEN!! Good luck to you!
  • love22step
    love22step Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    I have large calves, too. Even as a slim teen, calf size in boots was a problem. Occasionally, you can find boots that accommodate larger calves. If you're thinking of Western boots, you might want to have them handmade. You could probably do an online search to find boots for wide calves. You'll probably lose a little in your calves, anyway, so I wouldn't bother until you're at your weight goal. I hope you find some great boots!
  • roughneckswife
    roughneckswife Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I've been wondering the same thing. I see lots of success pics and many of the people still have large calfs and ankles, I'm hoping this is not the case for me :?
  • lousoulbody
    lousoulbody Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Walking, its easy and effective, Leslie Sansone has out some walking DVD's you do in the house, 2months i have been walking with her DVD's and my calfs are down 1 inch, and my thighs are down 2. In celebrations of the month of Walktober and walking 141 miles, my hubbie bought me a pair of tall boots :)

You can do it!
    Cheers:drinker: