Thyroid Problems

Options
Ok I take thyroid meds first thing in the morning and can not eat for one hour. Not really hungry anyway. I go to the gym 7 days a week. Mon, Wed, Fri, Sat is spin class for 45mins with 15 mins before for strength training. Tues, Thurs is treadmill, precore, or climbing stairs for 30mins and 15-or so weigh training. Then Sun I do 20 laps in the pool. I have a whey protein shake with flaxseed every morning after working out. Protein drink for lunch and normal dinner. Don't lose a pound just maintain. Any thoughts? thanks!

Replies

• robsonv
    robsonv Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I am also on Thyroid meds but don't have to wait to eat after taking them? When was the last time you had your thyroid tested? Maybe your meds aren't working, this would explain somewhat. Another consideration is that you are eating too few calories....the personal trainer I had a couple of years ago said that can stall weight loss almost as much as too many calories. The bad news is, you will probably always have a challenge losing weight as long as you have the thyroid issue...I am in the same boat...don't give up though :)