Food police or those evil saboteurs, which are worse?

Options
You know them. I know you do. They're in every workplace, even some of our friends and family play the role. They are the food police, who know you are watching what you eat, and feel compelled to make sure you're doing an adequate job of it. "Can you have that?" Um, yeah, I'm a capable, calorie counting ADULT and I'm pretty sure I've got it covered. Thanks!
I think the saboteurs have a different motivation, but they're pretty darn annoying, too. I've actually had someone wave onion rings in my face. I wanted to knock them to the floor. Heh-heh. I think they're secretly envious that you are choosing a healthy lifestyle.
I'm more okay with the saboteur, I think, because I don't want any of those fried onions. They'd make me feel like crap if I ate them. I'm stronger than those onion rings.
Now, the food police, they just need to get lost!
End of today's rant. :)

Replies

• Honey7o2
    Options
    I agree, it's easy to just roll your eyes at the saboteur, but the food police just dig in under your skin.
  • LongMom
    LongMom Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I'm too much of a witch-with-a-b for people to police me about my food lol. Something tells me you're a nice person ;)

Do you have kids? You're going to love all the advice people give you when you have 'em LOL

People suck.

Stay strong girl!
  • rlinson
    rlinson Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Hmmm. I would think the food police are sincere and wanting to help with a reminder (whether you think it is helpful or not) - I mean obviously these are "friends" whom you have told about your weight loss goals - whereas the saboteurs are intentionally teasing and tempting you - trying to get you to eat something both you and they know is not good for you. I would have to say the saboteurs are worse because of their motivation.
  • CrystalT
    CrystalT Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I just realized how fortunate I am. I don't have either type of person around me at work. Obviously anyone there who's known me very long realizes I'm losing weight. Some hear me talk about it more often than other. But I haven't had anyone police me or be mean about tempting me. I can't say I haven't ben tempted at work. Right before Christmas I went to my boss's office for a meeting and he pulled out an entire Eli's cheesecake a vendor sent. He was sympathetic to me about it, but it was a gift for the group and he had to share it.
  • Oompa_Loompa
    Oompa_Loompa Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    I kinda have the opposite problem. Everyone says that Im annoying because Im always asking how many calories do you think are this and ect. Which I understand can be annoying but there also telling me that counting calories is not going to work.
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    . Which I understand can be annoying but there also telling me that counting calories is not going to work.
    Prove to them that it does.:happy:
  • rosanne18
    Options
    The evil saboteurs. The food police are, I hope, trying to help. the saboteurs just don't want you to succeed.
  • EmilyStrick
    Options
    I'm too much of a witch-with-a-b for people to police me about my food lol. Something tells me you're a nice person ;)

Do you have kids? You're going to love all the advice people give you when you have 'em LOL

People suck.

Stay strong girl!

i was going to say very much the same thing!!! i don't tell people that i am trying to lose weight, but at some point you can't hide that you're pregnant!!!!