Flapping in the wind

Options
I have lost weight, 41 lbs and in the past, have always been able to lose weight.. great.. but my arms, man do they flap in the wind! I am actually embarrassed by the flab of my tri-ceps. I know there are exercises to do, but I don't think there are enough exercises on this planet to tighten up my flabby arms! So, I opt for sleeves instead of sleeveless. I am aging and I know with age, they flap away anyway, but ewe..are they ugly!.
Any words of wisdom?

Replies

• teresa_c
    Options
    I promise you, no one is zoning in on your arms the way you yourself are. I'm serious. They are looking at how fit and healthy you look - the big picture ya know? also, that thing I know you do when you're standing in front of the mirror? you know, flex your bicep and then jiggle the skin under your arms...:)...do you ever do that when you're going about the day in public? of course not! seriously, no one is noticing your arms!
    that being said...wouldn't it be nice if we could take a pill that made all that extra skin that used to be filled up with fat DISAPPEAR so we wouldn't keep being bummed out about it???
  • marthathebear
    Options
    I continuously obsess about my arms but I agree that people are not really as critical as we are ourselves.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    you can firm the muscle up (but not the skin) by weight lifting. work on pushups, bench presses, overhead presses.
  • dareacceptor
    dareacceptor Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    also, that thing I know you do when you're standing in front of the mirror? you know, flex your bicep and then jiggle the skin under your arms...:)...do you ever do that when you're going about the day in public? of course not! seriously, no one is noticing your arms!

**giggle** You mean I'm not the only one that does that? You're right though - no one is noticing your arms!
  • mjbell642
    mjbell642 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Yup... I call them my "bat wings" !!! and all I have to do is look at my elderly aunts and I know I am sooooo doomed.

Yup. pushups and tricep dips.