Newbie- Vegetarian- Trying to kick start being healthy :)

Options
Hey, my name is Elle and I'm new to My Fitness Pal! I'm really pumped that I found this site, I think it will help me a ton seeing everyone else kicking *kitten* and making progress. For me that is the biggest motivator, when I see others doing so, I realize I am just as capable if I put the effort in and that's something I struggle with. I'm also a vegetarian and was wondering if any other vegans or veggies had tips on healthy eating. I found that I started gaining my weight 5 years ago when I stopped eating meat :noway: , I know that is due to eating lots of carbs but I feel as though I eat moderately healthy most of the time, but then it comes down to cravings and quick fixes, and those ultimately are my killers ; /
Excited to start this journey to living right, and being healthy with you all :) Feel free to add! :smile:

Elle

Replies

• lilmisfit
    lilmisfit Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    Hey, my name is Elle and I'm new to My Fitness Pal! I'm really pumped that I found this site, I think it will help me a ton seeing everyone else kicking *kitten* and making progress. For me that is the biggest motivator, when I see others doing so, I realize I am just as capable if I put the effort in and that's something I struggle with. I'm also a vegetarian and was wondering if any other vegans or veggies had tips on healthy eating. I found that I started gaining my weight 5 years ago when I stopped eating meat :noway: , I know that is due to eating lots of carbs but I feel as though I eat moderately healthy most of the time, but then it comes down to cravings and quick fixes, and those ultimately are my killers ; /
    Excited to start this journey to living right, and being healthy with you all :) Feel free to add! :smile:

Elle

Hi Elle! Feel free to friend me. I'm a veggie, too, albeit a very lazy one, but I'll be happy to help anyway I can. Carbs are a killer, so I started limiting them to about 100 net carbs/day over the summer and have seen great progress. Plus, your body stops craving them after a few weeks. I used to be a pasta fiend, and now don't even think twice about it, and when I do, it's a small helping of stir fry rice noodles.

Good luck! :flowerforyou: