It's Time For A Change

Options
Hi. My name is Danielle. I'm 18 years old and I'm now living with just my mom and my dog. My parents are dealing with divorce right now and that's putting major pressure on my mom and myself. I've been getting very depressed and so instead of showing my emotions I just eat. lol. It sounds really stupid but it actually works. I know it's not very good for me and that's why when my phys ed teacher told me about this website I was like yes! My mom and I are both trying to lose weight because we both need to. I want to get back into shape so that I'm not always as tired as I usually am. I also want to fit into my old pair of jeans. I absolutely LOVE them on me. But right now they are too small. But just wait; they will fit again soon. :wink: I also want to lose weight because I want to be healthier. I also want to look good for my boyfriend. He tells me all the time I'm perfect the way I am, but I still want to lose weight. I'm not happy with myself.

Replies

• vlheral
    vlheral Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I think it's awesome that you and your mom are doing it together, you'll have someone there for support all the time. I'm overcoming a lot of eating problems myself and this seems to help, even tho I still slip up sometimes! Good luck :)
  • jaysen05
    jaysen05 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Change is good. Lean on our mom for strenght, and advise her to do the same. You can do it together.
  • rlinson
    rlinson Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I think it is great you and your mom and working together to lose weight. I am sure she needs your support very much right now. Just a thought though about being depressed, you may want to find a counselor or someone to help you deal with it - that alone can help motivate you in your weight loss goalf and help you and your mom manage the changes going on now in your life. BTW I have a handsome 20 year old son if you ever get rid of your boyfriend :laugh: .
  • cwelsh
    cwelsh Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. Glad you could join our fun little community. I'm sorry to hear about the divorce, if you need anything we're all here to help and listen to venting when it's needed.
  • beachbaby18
    Options
    Awe thanks. Good luck to you too. :smile:
  • beachbaby18
    Options
    Yeah my mom and I are very close. Good luck.
  • jillybeanruns
    jillybeanruns Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    Hey Danielle! Sorry to hear about the divorce. You're very lucky to be close with your mom. Moms are the best and it'll be so much easier to do this with her!