new to fitnesspal

Options
:happy: I joined Myfitnessplas a while ago, but I just started using it more often. Anyone have any tips for my diet. I started at 176lbs and now weight at 169lbs

Replies

• kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,648 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!
    LOG YOUR FOOD!!! Best thing that has worked for me in getting my calories under control!!

And exercise!! Nothing new! :flowerforyou:
  • SimplyChaotic
    Options
    eat healthy and exersize... dont look at this as a diet... but rather a "life style change!"
  • sandmart2009
    sandmart2009 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!

Just keep working out and eat healthy. If you have problems getting motivated - join in the community and vent! We are all here to help one another the best way we can.

Good luck!
  • hmb2213
    Options
    Welcome! I'm pretty new too but have lost 8 pounds so far. I find it hard to work out because of my weight so I've really been concentrating on calories in to begin with. I have been drinking a Weight Loss Shake (it's similar to SlimFast but I get the Aldi's brand). I then use fresh fruits to help me "feel full." The shakes are delicious and I've learned in the last two weeks that I really don't need all the food I WANT. The other thing I've noticed is that I have lots more energy - I think by moving my calories back to the 1200-1400 range I have kick started my metabolism, and I completely credit this huge change in eating patterns. Another 8 pounds and I will be looking forward to the gym!

Good luck to you!
  • melnatsim
    Options
    Thanks for the help, I'm going to keep at it. I'm feeling really good about my weight loss now.
  • BobbieJo_1977
    BobbieJo_1977 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! it is such an easy site to use! I agree with everyone else above me eat healthy and exercise!!
    ~BobbieJo