Ready to take control back one step at a time

Options
Hey everyone
I just recently joined this site but have been eating right and exercising since Jan4th. I made a decision on New Yrs to not sit around like a victim anymore. I have been battling depression for a little over 5 yrs and in that time went from an active vivatious 140 lb person to someone I dont even recognise. I gained over 100 lbs throughout these 5 yrs. I allowed myself to completely lose control in everyway. I was drinking constantly, smoking, and heavily overeating. I'm talking about a whole med pizza to myself at least once a wk.

Over the past few months I have been improving leaps and bounds as far as my depression is concerned and I'm ready to take back control. I stopped smoking maybe 4 months ago, and havent picked up a drink or a pizza in 3 wks. Its been a challange but I'm starting to see results. So far I've lost 9 lbs 2 inches off my waist and a pant size. I'm determined to keep pushing forward mind body and soul until I'm the me I wanna be.

I just wanted to introduce myself. You all seem like a really supportive group of people and I hope to accomplish many goals while I'm here.

Replies

• kleeba
    kleeba Posts: 11
    Options
    Welcome! I'm always impressed when a young, 20's person decide to turn their life into a better direction. You are making some good, tough choices. Hang in there cuz you can do it!
  • kristie874
    kristie874 Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    Congratulations to you for choosing a new life! I started at about your same weight and it feels soooo good when it starts to come off. I love this site and find it really helpful when I need that extra motivation and inspiration. Come to us whenever you need to! Welcome! :flowerforyou:
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    welcome to MFP and wishing you much success in your weight loss journey :bigsmile: