That just isn't right...

Options
I just went back to the work refrigerator to grab my carrot/celery/dip snack and, sitting right beside my healthful snack that I actually DO enjoy, is someone's Taco Bell leftovers. It's just not right. I swear the burritos were sitting there taunting my poor carrots and celery and smirking at me as I closed the refrigerator on them. Stupid Taco Bell. The GOOD thing, however, is knowing that I immediately thought of how yucky I'd feel if I were having Taco Bell right now . Ick. Don't get me wrong, I love some junk food from time to time but I always know how it makes me feel not-so-great. Go away Taco Bell and stop teasing my healthy snacks!

Okay, that's it. Just a stupid Friday something. :) I hope you all are having a fantabulous day!

Replies

• DeeDeeLHF
    DeeDeeLHF Posts: 2,301 Member
    Options
    WTG Kristie! You did good!
  • Oompa_Loompa
    Oompa_Loompa Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    Yes good old taco bell...it loves you at first...and then all of a sudden it get very angry at you lol
  • femalearcher
    Options
    Cute! Thanks for sharing...yeah, no good memories of taco bell.
    Keep up the good work!
  • pianoteacherevan
    pianoteacherevan Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    When I see taco bell leftovers in my mom's fridge, I always just throw them out. The new Taco Bell "Diet" commercials piss me off something fierce. It's incredible what the media can get away with these days.

There is NEVER a time when taco bell (or any fast food) is healthy for you. I used to think Subway was much better, but I always ended up ordering the worst stuff on the menu.

Also, if your snack is carrot/celery/dip, maybe you should consider having a more substantial snack. Something that takes a while to break down to leave you feeling more full and satisfied. Some whole grain toast with jam, or perhaps a breakfast bar.
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    I say your good healthy food was taunting that fat stupid Tacobel slop.
  • kristie874
    kristie874 Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    Yeah, those fast food "diets" are baffling to me. It's nice to have an option to have something lower calorie when in a rush or having a craving but to use it as a whole weight loss regimen is ridiculous!

I actually eat my veggie and dip snack about an hour before lunch when I'm just having that munchy feeling. I eat several snacks throughout the day that usually incude protein and fiber. Thanks for the ideas, though! :)
  • cassandra1220
    cassandra1220 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Im sorry...against what everyone else is saying- I LOVE TACO BELL. I don't know if I would have had that kind of willpower. Great job in making a smart chioce. It is the little small triumphs that make the big picture attainable.
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    I like Tacobel too 3 regular crunchy tacos come to 510 calories, excellent dinner. If you have the cal's for it.

Yeah yeah, I know, lots'a sodium. Bite me. :bigsmile:
  • dljochum
    dljochum Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Now karma will be on your side for not running out and getting taco bell. Way to be mighty like an oak!! Hope you reach your goals and good luck for 2010!! : )