Share your NSV (Non-Scale Victory) of the day! 11/7/12

Options
2»

Replies

• lilawolf
    lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    My size 12/13 shorts that were tight a couple of months ago very nearly fell off when I put my cell phone in my pocket. The smallest size 10/11 jeans that I bought for my trip now fit comfortably and some of my other 11s are getting loose.

Not really an NSV, but I did some heavy lifting yesterday and I am deliciously sore today. Always makes me feel sexy.
  • nancycaregiver
    nancycaregiver Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Late last night after wearing some pants all day I realized that I was wearing size 38's and needed a belt. This is down from the size 42's I was wearing 2 months ago.
    Wow! Impressive!!!
  • christy_frank
    christy_frank Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    RX'd my CrossFit Workout: Handstand walks/shoulder touches

WOD- 3x4min AMRAP's

20 alternating kb swings -35lbs / 15 box jumps (20") - 2 Full Rounds & 5 KB Swings
    1 rope climb / 20 lunges - 3 Full rounds & 1 Rope Climb
    10 bench press -75lbs / 20 slam balls - 2 Full rounds, 5 BP

Also motivated 2 people to try rope climbs for the 1st time. BOTH were able to complete at least 1!
    Also very happy with my progress on handstand walks.

AND... the instructor @ Glutes & Abs (who does nothing but fitness) complimented me and said I was somewhat intimidating!
  • Surisaddai
    Surisaddai Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I have a waist! :)
  • lalalyn12
    lalalyn12 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    My uncle told me today that he can tell that I am losing weight and that everytime he see's me I am getting smaller and smaller :)
  • T1mH
    T1mH Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I bought a size medium shirt today. I don't remember the last time I wore a medium. When my wife bought me a 2XL that was one of the things that motivated my lifestyle change.
  • strawmama
    strawmama Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Tried 30 Day Shred and didn't collapse or die in the first 10 minutes. The old me would have never even looked at the video much less try it.
  • wizbeth1218
    wizbeth1218 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    My daughter looked at me when I walked into the room. She had a kind of surprised look on her face. I thought I was growing another head or something. She finally said, "You're getting smaller."

Oh. Ok. Cool. :bigsmile:
  • mommycharlie
    mommycharlie Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    This morning my husband made the comment that my neck is not only thinner but looks longer as well. Yay!
  • LisaLouisiana
    LisaLouisiana Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    For the first time in 20 years I've started wearing my shirt tails tucked in. I can't believe how it looks!
  • kmm7309
    kmm7309 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    I just got my old job back-- a job I had in January.

Back them I wore a 2XL with comfort.

Today they had to give me a large and it's kind of baggy. You can see that I have a waist now though!
  • 05saleengirl
    Options
    put on a pair of jeans I havent worn in over 4 years...and they were loose in the waist!! Woo Hoo!! They were an 8. Hoping to be a size 4 by summer!
  • BonjourAmelia
    BonjourAmelia Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Great job everyone!

My NSV for today was that
    1) I finally mastered the "Alegria pa zumbar" samba in zumba class (and can make it through the whole song... its FAST)
    2) The instructor noticed I had the footwork down pat because she asked me to come up on stage with her to do it! :D

(maybe next time I'll actually go up :/ haha)
  • louiseodonnell1990
    Options
    I ran 3 miles last night on my first run ever since high school :D
  • zewolf77
    zewolf77 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I started this wearing a 40-42 in jeans.. I have an old pair of jeans that I absolutely loved to wear with my boots, but they were a long shot (size 34 waist). To my surprise, I could put them on last weekend. They're a tad snug here and there, but the fact that I could put them on without sucking in or struggling at all was an eye opener to me.

It's the little things that make us bear down and keep going sometimes.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!