20 pounds in 2 months and still going.....

Options
Well here is my story:

July 2012 I went to my doctor to get some medication for my gout which was acting up. He set me up for some blood work to see what my levels would be in a month. In addition, he got the full work up ordered. In August I was back in the office and the doctor asked if I was fasting. I had fasted 8-9 hours not the required 12 hour fast. The doc said your blood sugar is high, let's set you up for another blood draw in a month and this time fast for 12 hours.

Fast forward to September. I go back in for my results and the doctor says everything looks good but your blood sugar is 140 after fasting for 12 hours. With this result I can medically say you are diabetic. That hit hard. We talked and he asked if I wanted to pursue medications for the diabetes or start a healthy living lifestyle first. I opted for the lifestyle change of diet and exercise.

During the next month I cut out the regular pop/soda, lowered my portion sizes, stayed away from the candy machines at work, and monitored my weight. In about a months time I went from 255 lbs. down to 240 lbs. Then I hit a plateau.....sad day. For several days in a row I weighed in between 242 and 239. I told myself it's time to watch what I'm eating a whole lot better and get some exercise. I got MFP, and started tracking calories.

About 5 days into the MFP I finally gave in and opted for more exercise cause I was not dropping any more weight. I got the Endomondo application and started tracking my walking.

Day 10 I weighed in at 241, sad day, but I kept at it.

Day 11 I was feeling good when I woke up so I decided to weigh myself for the heck of it. I was down to 239.8 lbs. I increased my walk to 3 miles a day. I also decided to get some extra cardio by doing the 30DS.

30 DS lasted about 6 days before my knee started screaming at me. So I continued with walking and started doing exercises geared towards my mid section.

Day 24 I was able to get in my size 38 pants and needed a belt. This is down from the size 42 I was wearing in early September!

Day 25 I weighed in at 235.4 pounds. This does not match the ticker below but it has been 20 pounds total since I started in early September.

I feel great and love watching the pounds slowly melt away!

Replies

• daworley
    daworley Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    It is fun to watch it melt away! Good for you for taking charge and getting healthy! I live not too far from you in Conway Springs! Good luck!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!