how long should you workout

Options
Some days I work out a couple of hours and others I only workout a hour will it make a difference or is it ok that I don't workout that long everyday?

Replies

• kingnatalie
    Options
    I always shoot for a minimum of 30 minutes per workout AND a minimum number of calories burned. Although I think a minimum amount of 30 minutes is very important.
  • ccdo
    ccdo Posts: 217
    Options
    i was told by my fitness insturctor that u should only workout at the max of 2 hours and then if u wanna do more do another 1hour later break it up that way u wont get burned out from workin out too much in all the one go

good luck :flowerforyou:
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels says "If you don't faint, puke, or die--Keep Going!"

:happy: Actually, I think 30 minutes a day is pretty basic, but every workout does not have to be the same length or intensity. A heavy work out yesterday followed by a lighter workout today would seem logical to me.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Just remember some is better than none even if it is less than 30 min/day. I myself do 20-30 min a day 6 days a week and have never been in better shape. My cardio is more intense (21 min 5k's) than if I would do more than 1/2 hour and my weight lifting is done in a curcuit type style limiting rest periods. I even mange to get the P90x resistance workouts in in half and hour (normaly 50 minutes) by reducing rest time.