Those stubborn last few pounds

Options
2»

Replies

• exWHYzee1337
    Options
    i dont know your workout regimine... but how about upping cardio? or changing cardio to HIIT maybe?

I'm in the same boat trying to tighten skin and drop last couple pounds in fat. I'm currently around 8/9% BF its tough! eat clean train dirty!!

good luck :)
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,404 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Try adding 200 more calories, but more importantly, start weight training and worrying about body composition instead of weight. Ideally, you want to cut fat and maintain lean body mass (muscle). This will help you have a tight lean body. If you need a program, you can do strong lift 5x5 or beginner lift 5x5.

Also, adjust your macro's to 35% c, 40% p and 25% f

I think I'm going to do just that! As I just said in the post before I only want to lose the last few lbs to trim up areas like my arms and stomach so I will give weight training a try, thank you! Macros have also been adjusted

Lift heavy too.. Try to get it down to 10 reps or less. It's where you will get your best strength gains.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,404 MFP Moderator
    Options
    i dont know your workout regimine... but how about upping cardio? or changing cardio to HIIT maybe?

I'm in the same boat trying to tighten skin and drop last couple pounds in fat. I'm currently around 8/9% BF its tough! eat clean train dirty!!

She does brazilian dance and cardio.. so all her exercise is cardio and cardio does not cut body fat as easy and weight training and a moderate calorie deficit. In fact, increase cardio will probably make it worse as you tend to lose more lbm during high cardio routines.
  • exWHYzee1337
    Options

She does brazilian dance and cardio.. so all her exercise is cardio and cardio does not cut body fat as easy and weight training and a moderate calorie deficit. In fact, increase cardio will probably make it worse as you tend to lose more lbm during high cardio routines.

add some weight training.. adding some muscle.. fat should come down. But it may not reflect on the scale the way you want, but it should in your appearance. just my .02