Anyone Live In Oklahoma

Options
April0815
April0815 Posts: 780 Member
Just wondering if anyone lives in Oklahoma. I do Logistics work and we have set up emergency sites in th cities Ada, Hobart, and Shawnee, Oklahoma for the Ice Storm..

Replies

• awesome_orchid
    Options
    My son is stationed at Tinker, but hes in IRAQ. Is he better of in the sand or dealing with the ice?
  • tomtrl
    tomtrl Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Yeah, there are lots of people living in Oklahoma. LOL

Tulsa, here.
  • lesterfaye81
    lesterfaye81 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I live in Oklahoma....went home for Lunch today and realized going back to the office for the rest of the day would result in me wrecking my car so I stayed in. (My boss is in Texas and her husband keeps telling her the roads are fine so the rest of the girls are trying to stick it out. If she was here, she'd have sent us all home by now.)
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    Not in OK, but Southern Kansas, Debating on weather (haha) I should go home early. I shoveled through drifts of a foot and a half to get to my car this morning...and it's been snowing all day.
  • April0815
    Options
    Our company is in Louisiana. Our guys emailed pictures of 18 wheelers that are on the side of the road flipped over. They said there are cars in ditches everywhere.
  • lisawest
    lisawest Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    I'm in southern Kansas, with lots of snow here. However I went to college in OK. Those people don't know how to drive in this stuff! (At least the ones I knew and saw while I was there!:wink: ) I'm sure some must know how, they don't all die. I just hope everyone gets home safe and warm!
  • lesterfaye81
    lesterfaye81 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I work for an insurance agent... I'm going to be hearing about this all day Monday Tuesday Wednesday.... I didn't feel up to joining them. I just got my rates to go down!
  • April0815
    Options
    Well in Hobart all of the utilities are down. We set up sites to feed all of the Utilitiy Companies that are working to get everything up and running again.
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    Yep, just outside of Oklahoma City. We have not been outside in 1 1/2 days. We had 2 cars in the ditch (no damage thankfully) on Christmas Eve so we did not take ANY chances this time. So far we have not lost electricity so hoping we won't. It seems the worst of it may have passed.:wink:
  • dooper74
    Options
    Yes, I live in Ada. About 1/2 of our town is without electricity, but thank the Lord we haven't lost it yet.