Chasing Peacocks - 196 cals burned

Had my HRM on while I was chasing next door's beautiful peacocks out of my hens enclosure while I fed them their buttered pasta.

Hmmm.not sure what's weirder.
Me running around like a mad thing chasing peacocks in my PJ's or the fact that I cooked my hens pasta with veggies and a herby butter sauce as a treat this morning and ran down the garden to serve it to them while it was still warm!

Sky x
PS It was not served silver service style or with napkins :smile:
Jut a little treat as they have just finished moulting their Summer feathers and are looking a bit pink and naked while their Winter feathers grow in...poor little critters...they actually look as though they're a bit embarrassed

Replies

• bufger
    bufger Posts: 763 Member
    wow
    that is weird!

I cant even get my wife to cook for me and you cook meals for your hens because you feel sorry for them! im living with the wrong people
  • tabi26
    tabi26 Posts: 535 Member
    My peafowl are in a pen......maybe I should let them out and chase them around a bit?! Sounds like a good little workout! Lol!

Side note: my chickens (about 250 of them) sure would be lucky to have you! No way am I cooking for all those birds! Hahaha!
  • Snoozypaws3000
    Snoozypaws3000 Posts: 133 Member
    wow
    that is weird!

I cant even get my wife to cook for me and you cook meals for your hens because you feel sorry for them! im living with the wrong people
    :blushing:
    Yeah...they are pretty spoiled. They have about an acre of woodland to run about in [electric fence around it to stop Mr Fox getting in] and I hang apples and sweetcorn and Spring Greens from the trees so they have to bounce up and down to get them.

In the Winter they get porridge with honey [I have 4 bee hives so get plenty of this!] vegetable curries [they love spice but you can only give it to them during the winter when they aren't laying as sometimes you can taste it in the eggs!] but pasta is their absolute fave.
    OMG!
    I sound a bit bonkers!
    I'm just wondering how many calories I've just fed them!
    Good job the one pot was shared by all 50 of them...plus the two peacocks!
    They've got a better food diary than I do!
  • Snoozypaws3000
    My peafowl are in a pen......maybe I should let them out and chase them around a bit?! Sounds like a good little workout! Lol!

Side note: my chickens (about 250 of them) sure would be lucky to have you! No way am I cooking for all those birds! Hahaha!

Wow! 250 hens....brilliant...yeah, I think if I had that many I wouldn't bother rustling them up apple pie and souffle either LOL

You should definitely try the "peafowl" work out....Pyjamas are optional exercise wear though, maybe we can get it entered on the MFP exercise list!
  • starletlove
    starletlove Posts: 53 Member
    Had my HRM on while I was chasing next door's beautiful peacocks out of my hens enclosure while I fed them their buttered pasta.

Hmmm.not sure what's weirder.
    Me running around like a mad thing chasing peacocks in my PJ's or the fact that I cooked my hens pasta with veggies and a herby butter sauce as a treat this morning and ran down the garden to serve it to them while it was still warm!

Sky x
    PS It was not served silver service style or with napkins :smile:
    Jut a little treat as they have just finished moulting their Summer feathers and are looking a bit pink and naked while their Winter feathers grow in...poor little critters...they actually look as though they're a bit embarrassed

hilarious:laugh: :laugh: :tongue:
  • rachelerwin
    rachelerwin Posts: 140 Member
    Not weird at all. I have made them oatmeal before. Especially when the weather turns cold. I have also fixed spaghetti for them. My hens are very spoiled.
  • joeysox
    joeysox Posts: 195 Member
    lol that made my day! x
  • Anna800
    Anna800 Posts: 638 Member
    This post is incomplete without pictures! lol
  • pixtotts
    pixtotts Posts: 552 Member
    I love this!
    lucky little chickens! x
  • Nikiki
    Nikiki Posts: 993
    i'm taking notes on this for the day that I get my very own hens! (I live in a condominium and the old biddies on the homeowners association would frown on chickens in the development... someday I will have a house with a big yard for chickens!!!
  • Juliejustsaying
    Juliejustsaying Posts: 2,332 Member
    wow
    that is weird!

:blushing:
    Yeah...they are pretty spoiled. They have about an acre of woodland to run about in [electric fence around it to stop Mr Fox getting in] and I hang apples and sweetcorn and Spring Greens from the trees so they have to bounce up and down to get them.

In the Winter they get porridge with honey [I have 4 bee hives so get plenty of this!] vegetable curries [they love spice but you can only give it to them during the winter when they aren't laying as sometimes you can taste it in the eggs!] but pasta is their absolute fave.
    OMG!
    I sound a bit bonkers!
    I'm just wondering how many calories I've just fed them!
    Good job the one pot was shared by all 50 of them...plus the two peacocks!
    They've got a better food diary than I do!

Definately weird, luv, but I think I'm now in love with you. I can even read all that hearing your accent and everything. Now I can't imagine loving birds enough to do all that, but I've certainly done stuff like that for my pack of dogs...love is love imho. Course I think the dogs appreciate it more than the hens do...but that is my predilictions. I do like the image of them bouncing up and down for their apples, sweet corn and spring greens though...cracks me right up.
  • I no longer feel guilty for cooking an extra piece of chicken to feed my kitties! It's good to know we folks are so good to our animal children.

Thanks for the giggle this morning! I have this image of peacocks being chased in mind...it will help me to get through the stress of the day!
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    I want to be one of your hens. Sounds like a good life!

ETA: P.S., I don't brood that often.
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    *hides in OP's hen house dressed as a hen, waiting for pasta* :drinker:
  • Snoozypaws3000

So funny!
    They're having 5 bean chilli con carne tomorrow so don't be late!
    Dinner jackets and black tie optional....far better than pyjamas!
  • Juliejustsaying
    Juliejustsaying Posts: 2,332 Member
    @ Snoozypaws....so I gotta ask. Why were you chasing the peacocks? Were they crashing dinner?
  • BlueInkDot
    BlueInkDot Posts: 702 Member
    ^lol

Yeah, I totally want a yard with some happy hens in it someday. I had no idea that they could be fed such a variety of foods! Sounds fun!!! :D
  • ejwme
    ejwme Posts: 318
    PJs as workout wear - WIN. I do yoga and kung fu in my sponge bob square pants pjs all the time. Sure the other people in class chuckle sometimes. But it totally works, and when I want to give up, I just look down and think "I'm ready, I'm ready I'm ready I'm ready..." But I can't get my husband to spar with me in Sandy the Squirrel pants. He just doesn't appreciate cartoons properly.

And feeding curry to chickens makes spiced eggs? Have you considered the potential this discovery has? PRE-CURRIED EGGS! Seriously? That's AWESOME.
  • Snoozypaws3000
    @ Snoozypaws....so I gotta ask. Why were you chasing the peacocks? Were they crashing dinner?

Yep, they were chasing the hens around trying to eat all the pasta...and although they are absolutely stunningly gorgeous they weren't appropriately dressed for dinner....no top hats only tails *groan....sorry couldn't resist*

i love seeing them in the garden...it's like having beautiful bejewelled works of art wandering around but bloody hell they make a racket.

For such gorgeous creatures they make the most hideous sound when they call to one another...sort of like some rusty honking Vuvuzela
    You can hear it on YouTube here:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKx58Tftl0Y
    Right? How annoying is that!

Believe me when they are standing outside your bedroom window yelling and roaring at one another for a good half hour at 4.30am you don't think
    "oh aren't they beautiful"
    you think "Pass my Gun" :laugh:
    LOL
    If they don't behave I'll be having roast peacock for Christmas dinner instead of Turkey!

Hmmm...maybe I WILL start feeding them pasta...just to fatten them up!
    :laugh:
  • Snoozypaws3000
    PJs as workout wear - WIN. I do yoga and kung fu in my sponge bob square pants pjs all the time. Sure the other people in class chuckle sometimes. But it totally works, and when I want to give up, I just look down and think "I'm ready, I'm ready I'm ready I'm ready..." But I can't get my husband to spar with me in Sandy the Squirrel pants. He just doesn't appreciate cartoons properly.

And feeding curry to chickens makes spiced eggs? Have you considered the potential this discovery has? PRE-CURRIED EGGS! Seriously? That's AWESOME.

This is just too funny....i can not get the imagined image out of my head.

Yep, spiced eggs...one time i scrambled an egg for brekky and thought it tasted a bit odd...i then realised that what I was tasting was a little like garlic.
    They'd had some spaghetti bolognaise and garlic bread the previous week and I guess what i was tasting was that!
    I never feed my hens any fish based products as when I first got them I was warned that this can taint the flavour of the eggs Bleuchh! but i didn't even think about onions, spices and herbs.

He I wonder if i feed them chocolate i could get them to lay Easter Eggs :smile:
    Sky x