NSV: Jeans

Options
elyelyse
elyelyse Posts: 1,454 Member
It's been at least 6 years since I bought jeans in a "regular" store. (and not a big girl store). Probably 5 years since I've worn anything that doesn't stretch a lot.

I've been traveling for about 2 months, visiting national parks, camping and staying in motels. I've been disciplined, I've made great food choices, I've been active...but I haven't been on a scale. I have no idea what I weigh, and all my clothes are stretchy, so they're no use for indicating my progress. Before I left i was down almost 50 pounds, but I still could not get a pair of old worn-in size 18 jeans even up over my hips.

Yesterday, a Gap Outlet jumped out into the middle of the road and grabbed me (they carry XXL so some stretchy things fit.) I saw a pretty dress in a size 20 and thought "well, it probably won't fit, but let's just see how far it is from fitting.

It was too big.

I assumed it was a sizing fluke, just one item cut big. I thought to myself "try on jeans. Jeans don't lie." I went to grab a pair of size 20s, knowing in my mind they would not fit, but maybe they would be close and even that would be a success in my mind (I started my weight loss journey around a size 28) they didn't carry 20, the largest was 18. I KNEW they wouldnt fit, but they'd still be a good indicator of my progress.

I brought them to the dressing room. I psyched myself up "it's ok if these don't fit. I don't expect them to fit. Let's just see how far up I can pull them."

They slid up over my thighs. Over my hips and my big *kitten*. Over my belly. I was even able to zip them half way up and I looked in the mirror and almost cried. Size 18 jeans almost fit me. It was such a huge moment, I had to sit down. I called my mom and she was so happy for me she yelled "BUY THEM ANYWAY". I love her.

I stood up. I tried the zipper again. 5 minutes of sitting stretched them just enough. They zipped. The button closed. I was wearing a size 18 jeans. I had one hell of a muffin top, but I could breathe. If I keep on my path, they'll fit me better in no time.

I bought 2 pairs.

Replies

• Noni2863
    Noni2863 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    What a truly brilliant NSV. Enjoy your jeans!!!!
  • KitchenAbs
    Options
    Majestic!
  • jap8085
    jap8085 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Congrats and sooo glad you bought 2 of them!!!
  • Jessies_journey
    Jessies_journey Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Awesome NSV! Keep working it and in no time they'll be too big and you'll be buying 16's!!! Great job!
  • SavannahMiddleton
    Options
    Good for you!!! Way to go! :D I also can't wait to shop in a normal store again.
  • trixiemou
    trixiemou Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    And the fun of wearing them in the meantime, nice one!
  • Curvimami
    Curvimami Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    :drinker: :heart: Love it!!!!! So awesome! Congrats!! :heart: :drinker:
  • sho3girl
    sho3girl Posts: 10,799 Member
    Options
    awesome NSV ,,,, bet you cant stop smiling!
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options
    Awesome NSV! I got a huge grin while I was reading this for you. I'm so glad you bought them and not just one pair, 2!!!
  • SherryR1971
    SherryR1971 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options

I bought 2 pairs.

I love the end! =)
  • divacat80
    divacat80 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I know that feeling! Well done :D
    one day soon you'll be buying all your clothes in all those stores you haven't dared to get into until now XD and you'll feel overwhelmed with all the clothes that fit you and you'll spend hours trying on stuff and choosing what to buy

keep up the good job!
  • kschueller
    kschueller Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Awww that made me tear up this morning. Congrats to you and all of your hard work. Keep in up and know that all your pals at MFP are rooting for you!
  • SeaChele77
    SeaChele77 Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    I almost have tears in my eyes....That is SO FRICKEN AWESOME!!!

Well done - <clap clap clap>

You have come a long way and now that you've seen what all your hard work and dedication brings to you (not just the jeans, but the sense of accomplishment) - you will continue with greater motivation!!

You are awesome!! Relish in the moment you deserve it!!!!
  • hermanaamber
    hermanaamber Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    This is awesome, so very proud of your effort!
  • Champion4ever
    Champion4ever Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Very inspiring, and a nice way to start my day - With lots of motivation! :smile:
  • saraann4
    saraann4 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    I literally had the same thing happen to me. I bought mine too and almost fit perfectly. Way to go!
  • WarriorReady
    WarriorReady Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Yay! Glad you bought 2 pair you are going to be rocking them in no time I am sure! Stay the course! Thanks for sharing! :drinker: :happy:
  • Tsmartin07
    Options
    WOOO HOOO! I know that feeling...sooooo happy for you :) Keep it up and you'll be in the next size down in no time!
  • bucketzofcrazy
    bucketzofcrazy Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Got goosebumps while reading this cause I've been there done that, and it's an amazing feeling when this happens. Keep kicking it in the butt and thanks for sharing this bit of inspiration.
  • elyelyse
    elyelyse Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    thanks for all the comments! (im traveling so my internet connection is intermittent, i'm so glad i checked back)

I went out for a walk this morning, early, and decided to wear the jeans just for a bit, break them in a little. After being in them for 15 minutes or so, they softened up, they actually FIT! lol i forgot that new jeans are always a little too tight at first.

So there I was, in this amazing beautiful place (Sedona, Arizona) taking in the sunrise and looking at the rock formations... and all I could think about was OMG I'M WEARING SIZE 18 JEANS!!!!!

I've been feeling so much better, have more energy, i FEEL lighter, and those things make my life better... but it's soooo nice to see a measurable result.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!