Going to try reducing Carbs

I've been using myfitnesspal for about 6 weeks now and have lost 10lbs. Somewhere in week 4 I plateaued and can't seem to go any lower. Going to try slowly reducing my daily carb intake to see if I can stimulate more fat burning. Wish me luck!

Replies

• good luck!
  • 1. Lowering your carbs isn't going to "stimulate more fat burning".

2. Weight loss isn't linear. Give it more time.
  • mandyneedtolose
    mandyneedtolose Posts: 398 Member
    Good luck!! Time is of the essence!! Keep at it and be patient!! All in good time. I keep my carbs low, and usually majority is from veggies, but my weight loss sometimes moves pretty slow!! So don't be hard on yourself. Eating right and exercise will get you to where you want to be. Also make sure you are getting enough calories, but to few can halt things as well!! :)
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    You already have the calorie intake of a 9 year old girl.
  • PittShkr
    PittShkr Posts: 1,000 Member
    2ywd.jpg
  • You already have the calorie intake of a 9 year old girl.

Haha, just checked his diary.

There's your problem.
  • rms180
    rms180 Posts: 8 Member
    So what should I bump my intake up to? I thought 1200 was good for weight loss. I excercise a few times a week but I sit at a desk all day long during the week.
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    So what should I bump my intake up to? I thought 1200 was good for weight loss. I excercise a few times a week but I sit at a desk all day long during the week.

Do you eat back your calories burned at the gym? I'm 188lbs and I eat 1600 calories a day + burned calories(about 2000 calories total a day) and I'm losing at 1lb+/- a week.
  • mulderpf
    mulderpf Posts: 209 Member
    What's your stats? I'm 5'11" and I eat 2100 calories a day and I'm losing.

My carbs are pretty high (I don't think I've ever had a meal that didn't come with a carb, except when I was doing Atkins several years ago which is an experience I never wish to repeat again).

This is useful:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    So what should I bump my intake up to?

2250 or so
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,644 Member
    I don't know if I have ever seen a guy actually log Slim fast products....

Yes, increase calories...and protein...
  • Reducing carbs has been the only thing that has worked for me (down 11 lbs). :smile: Look into Atkins, if not just for information on high and low carb foods.
  • rms180
    Roger that, more calories, more protein, less slimfast products. I'm 5'6" tall. Appreciate the feedback from all.
  • Kat5343
    Kat5343 Posts: 451 Member
    I've been using myfitnesspal for about 6 weeks now and have lost 10lbs. Somewhere in week 4 I plateaued and can't seem to go any lower. Going to try slowly reducing my daily carb intake to see if I can stimulate more fat burning. Wish me luck!
  • rms180
    I like your food diary Fire_Rock. I need to plan meals like that everyday!
  • Kat5343
    Kat5343 Posts: 451 Member

Reducing cardio definintely WILL help kickstart more weightloss. I can attest to that.
  • harlanJEN
    harlanJEN Posts: 1,089 Member
    Agree about food. Your intake is low . That is prob what has spurred your plateau. I didn't look at your actual food choices, just peeked at total intake. My advice is focus on lean protein, vegetables, healthy fats, unprocessed whole grains , fruit with emphasis on berries and citrus. Ratio of protein to carb dependent on fitness goals.

Just for perspective, my calorie goal is 2000 based on my activity and goals. That is a modest deficit from my average TDEE of 2200.