loosing weight too fast

ccdo
ccdo Posts: 217
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
just a bit concerned since two days ago ive dropped 2lbs and now another one and im wondering why its happening. i eat quite alot and excercise. i gained 4lbs last week and now im loosin fast and im wondering how long is this goin to happen for and why??????? anyone know? i wanna maintain 102lbs but now im 98.6lbs so what now? is it the fact that im gaining muscle and loosing fat through excercise? could anyone out there please put my mind at ease thanks :flowerforyou:

Replies

• kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    just a bit concerned since two days ago ive dropped 2lbs and now another one and im wondering why its happening. i eat quite alot and excercise. i gained 4lbs last week and now im loosin fast and im wondering how long is this goin to happen for and why??????? anyone know? i wanna maintain 102lbs but now im 98.6lbs so what now? is it the fact that im gaining muscle and loosing fat through excercise? could anyone out there please put my mind at ease thanks :flowerforyou:
    But your ticker says u want to loose 4 pounds?
    I think we all can see you may have a weight issue/problem and not sure if u belong on a webiste geared at loosing weight
    Sorry If I was blunt/honest....
  • Well a few questions to understand a little bit more....

How tall are you?

How many calories are you eating a day?

How much time per week/day are you working out (burning)?

It may just be as simple as you're eating too few for the exercise you're doing currently.
  • crazyjkgirl
    crazyjkgirl Posts: 123 Member
    I'm also concerned as you appear to be very thin potentially "too thin" and your weight is extremely low. If you are interested/worried about weight/health/ fitness issues- I would strongly suggest you give your doctor a call hun .
  • Marcy79
    Marcy79 Posts: 41 Member
    staying under 96lbs is unhealthy unless you're extremely short
  • meganwojo
    meganwojo Posts: 221 Member
    [/quote]But your ticker says u want to loose 4 pounds?
    I think we all can see you may have a weight issue/problem and not sure if u belong on a webiste geared at loosing weight
    Sorry If I was blunt/honest...
    [/quote]

That actually was very blunt and rude to be honest. The girl is asking for advice not your opinions on her.

As far as YOUR question,

Muscle weighs more than fat, so gaining muscle is out of the question as to why you gained then lost so quick. It could easily be water weight. Your body can fluctuate several lbs A DAY! And if your getting your period, that could be why you gained and lost it so fast. I gain about 3 lbs the week before my period then it comes off the week i get it.
  • Nmama
    Nmama Posts: 191 Member
    if you gained 4 lbs without trying last week and lost it this week then it could be water from sodium. Are you extremely short? Cause 98lbs is very low..
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    [/quote]

That actually was very blunt and rude to be honest. The girl is asking for advice not your opinions on her.

As far as YOUR question,

Muscle weighs more than fat, so gaining muscle is out of the question as to why you gained then lost so quick. It could easily be water weight. Your body can fluctuate several lbs A DAY! And if your getting your period, that could be why you gained and lost it so fast. I gain about 3 lbs the week before my period then it comes off the week i get it.
    [/quote]

Are u kidding me...
    She weighs 98 pounds..unless she is 5 feet or under that is too low...period
  • meganwojo
    meganwojo Posts: 221 Member
    Understandable...but you don't have tell the girl she shouldn't be on this weight loss cite... clearly she needs answers, hence what these blogs are for...advice and help and encouragement.
  • lemonllama
    lemonllama Posts: 124 Member
    Maybe because you GAINED 4 last week you really didnt gain it and was just holding water, so now maybe your just evening back up!! Sometimes If i go up like 3-4 lbs the next week I lose those + some and its not really ABnormal!!
  • ccdo
    Well a few questions to understand a little bit more....

How tall are you?

How many calories are you eating a day?

How much time per week/day are you working out (burning)?

It may just be as simple as you're eating too few for the exercise you're doing currently.

im 5 ft 1 i excercise everday and i burn bout 500 calories i consume 1300 calories daily i eat everythin i want
  • ccdo

well now at this stage im lookin for ways to gain a few lbs to get me up to 102lbs and to be able to maintain it. i want to eat and excercise healthily thats all
  • ccdo
    I'm also concerned as you appear to be very thin potentially "too thin" and your weight is extremely low. If you are interested/worried about weight/health/ fitness issues- I would strongly suggest you give your doctor a call hun .

thanks i might consider goin on high calorie drinks to gain the weight back
  • ccdo
    [/quote]

As far as YOUR question,

[/quote]

thanks very much :flowerforyou:
  • ccdo
    if you gained 4 lbs without trying last week and lost it this week then it could be water from sodium. Are you extremely short? Cause 98lbs is very low..

ye im quite short im 5 ft 1
  • ccdo
    Maybe because you GAINED 4 last week you really didnt gain it and was just holding water, so now maybe your just evening back up!! Sometimes If i go up like 3-4 lbs the next week I lose those + some and its not really ABnormal!!

thank you very much thats all i needed to know thanks :flowerforyou:
  • Angel1029
    Angel1029 Posts: 459
    I'm 5'1" myself and in my opinion anything under 110 is pretty low. Before you start eating and drinking high calorie stuff consult a doctor so you won't gain a whole bunch of unwanted weight and fat and then have a hard time losing it.

Just my 2 cents
  • just a bit concerned since two days ago ive dropped 2lbs and now another one and im wondering why its happening. i eat quite alot and excercise. i gained 4lbs last week and now im loosin fast and im wondering how long is this goin to happen for and why??????? anyone know? i wanna maintain 102lbs but now im 98.6lbs so what now? is it the fact that im gaining muscle and loosing fat through excercise? could anyone out there please put my mind at ease thanks :flowerforyou:

well now at this stage im lookin for ways to gain a few lbs to get me up to 102lbs and to be able to maintain it. i want to eat and excercise healthily thats all
    102 seems like a healthy weight for you. I have read through all your previous posts and you seem very anxious about 4 pound weight loss or gain. I am not judging you. I think that you just need to relax and not be so hard on yourself. You do have some warning signs that you could develop an eating disorder and that is what some people may be responding to. I think my fitness pal is for learning to be healthy about how we eat not just for weight loss. There are many people on here who will be supportive about being healthy and loving to yourself. :flowerforyou:
  • ccdo
    I'm 5'1" myself and in my opinion anything under 110 is pretty low. Before you start eating and drinking high calorie stuff consult a doctor so you won't gain a whole bunch of unwanted weight and fat and then have a hard time losing it.

Just my 2 cents

thanks will consult on tuesday when she comes back from leave :flowerforyou:
  • ccdo
    [/quote]
    102 seems like a healthy weight for you. I have read through all your previous posts and you seem very anxious about 4 pound weight loss or gain. I am not judging you. I think that you just need to relax and not be so hard on yourself. You do have some warning signs that you could develop an eating disorder and that is what some people may be responding to. I think my fitness pal is for learning to be healthy about how we eat not just for weight loss. There are many people on here who will be supportive about being healthy and loving to yourself. :flowerforyou:
    [/quote]

• MTGirl
    MTGirl Posts: 1,490 Member
    Actually, if you look close at her ticker she is trying to lose -4 lbs - in otherwords gain 4 lbs!

It may be a slow process for you, especially if you do it the healthy way. Try adding 50 - 100 extra calories per day for a week then another 50 - 100 calories until you get up to 1500 or 1600 per day. Just log and track so you don't go overboard and gain too much weight!! Make sure it is healthy calories - nuts, avocado, protein, veggies. And make sure you have enough good fat in your diet. If you're exercising that much and only eating 1300 calories, you will not be able to gain weight. You need to put more food in - hopefully this will help a little. Just don't try to start immediately eating 1600 calories - ease into it a little and you'll be fine! Good luck.
This discussion has been closed.