Pole Fitness

Options
Hi! I have a question for anyone who does pole fitness. I take the classes and also have a pole in my home. I have noticed that MFP doesn't have pole fitness in their exercise database. So I was just wondering what other people have been putting it under as a comparable exercise or if anyone has an idea of how I could track how many calories I burn when I do it?

Replies

• crazyjkgirl
    crazyjkgirl Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I feel like a goof for asking. But is this pretty much pole dancing?
  • jessesgirl96
    Options
    Well ya it is pole dancing but not the kind they do in strip clubs. This is much more athletic and you are just doing the spins, climbing & upside down stuff but not really any of the booty shaking & taking your clothes off stuff! :smile:
  • Romba
    Romba Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    hahaha that sounds fun!! like flirty-girl fitness?? lol
  • Zara11
    Zara11 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    I want to take pole-dancing classes with my friends! Look up the calorie-burning online and add it manually, I guess. Or, if you have something that tracks your personal calories burned, even better!
  • tntrav44
    tntrav44 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Where'd you get your pole/workout regiment? I've wanted to try it forever!!
  • jessesgirl96
    Options
    There is a dance studio here that offers pole lessons. It really is a ton of fun and a great workout! The awesome thing is it doesn't feel like a workout because you are having so much fun! My X-Pole came with a beginners instructional DVD and you can also get other instructional DVD's off of Amazon. Also you should try Googling "pole fitness & the name of your city/state" and see what comes up. It's not really something that is advertised since I am sure many people would just think it was some stripper class and be offended. So you may have a place near you that teaches it and not even know it!
  • jessesgirl96
    Options
    Also in regards to the poles to get to use at home. The only two out there I know of that are actually for doing spins & such are the X-Pole and Lil' Minx. All the other poles out there are just meant to be used more as a prop to walk around and shake your booty.
  • jessesgirl96
    Options
    I just did a bunch of research on instructional pole dvd's and I ended up getting Vertical Dance by KT Coates. Dr. Amy's Pole Dance and Polecats also get really good reviews though.
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    Pole work outs are super fun and super challenging! We have vaulted ceilings in all our rooms so I can't have a pole yet. :grumble: But one day.......
  • jessesgirl96
    Options
    Pole work outs are super fun and super challenging! We have vaulted ceilings in all our rooms so I can't have a pole yet. :grumble: But one day.......

Actually the Lil' Minx pole has a special mount that you can buy for vaulted ceilings.

http://www.lilmynx.com/shop/product_info.php?cPath=1_24&products_id=39