What's your favourite at-home workout (dvds, etc)

Options
2»

Replies

• skrakalaka
    skrakalaka Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I love Jillian Michael's Body Revolution. I need suggestions on what to do next so this thread is helpful.
  • alasin1derland
    alasin1derland Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    good question. I am also interested. I will be looking for something with a calorie burn similiar to month 2 of insanity.
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Check out your local library for workout dvds. Also check out Be Fit in 90 on You Tube, I call it the "poor wo(man)'s" P90X.

Can not say enough about Jillian Michaels workouts, I have Extreme Shed & Shred, Shred with Weights, Yoga Meltdown, Burn Fat/Boost Metabolism and Ripped in 30. Right now I'm trying Be Fit, and I just ordered Turbo Fire (should have by Friday). Try a variety so you don't get bored.
  • surromom2010
    surromom2010 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    insanity =)
  • Schooley2
    Options
    Thanks for the links everybody. I wish I would have known some of these things were out there before I spent so much money on a gym membership that I don't get much use out of. I'm going to sign up for the free trial at gaiamtv.com and then maybe get a membership. $10/mo is a lot better than $45/mo at the gym. :( Too bad I can't stop my gym membership for another 9 months.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    In this order; P90X2, P90X, Chalean Extreme and Insanity.
  • jimmyalice1984
    jimmyalice1984 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I have just had a look at Collage Video and it looks great, is there a UK alternative? I will be contacting Collage to find out if they ship overseas because they have some DVD's that I would love to get my hands on!
  • dwh77tx
    dwh77tx Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Bob Harper's DVDS. I think they are better than Jillian Michaels!
  • msnoemi1
    Options
    jillian micheals on the wii and wii fit plus yoga and games
  • NocturnalGirl
    Options
    Jump rope and dumbbell workout: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/rudy6.htm
  • RobfromLakewood
    Options
    Wii, sports, fitness, AE exercise, love being a cartoon.
  • Shannonm905
    Options
    Thanks very much everyone, I'm going to compile a list to take with me to get a variety so I don't get bored (which I do with exercise, very easily!).
  • Chelkb
    Chelkb Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I love my ketlebell workout dvd's by Lauren Brooks and Sarah Lurie. Currently using 25lb bell. I've been very curious about P90X but doesn't it require a full hour everyday?
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I love my ketlebell workout dvd's by Lauren Brooks and Sarah Lurie. Currently using 25lb bell. I've been very curious about P90X but doesn't it require a full hour everyday?

It does..most of the workouts are 55 minutes. Then 3 days a week, they include abs which is 15 minutes. And yoga is 90 minutes (45 minutes of yoga, 45 minutes of flexibility/stability).