Calories burned with HRM

Just wondering how many calories you burn, using an HRM to track the calories burned. I've noticed my running app, Mapmyrun, estimates my runs much higher than my HRM, as does the cardio equipment at the gym. I only go by my HRM, so my total burns, comparatively speaking, are a bit lower than many I see on my newsfeed from others.

So my question is, and this is only to those of you using an HRM to track it, how many calories are you burning a day?

Replies

• Erienneb
    Erienneb Posts: 592 Member
    It really depends on what exersise I'm doing. If I'm walking at a moderate pace, I'll burn more calories with my HRM than other apps say. If I'm working out hard, I burn less, because I'm out of shape and my heart isn't so efficient yet.
    I strive for at least 500calories burned a day through my workout so depending on what machine I use it takes me anywhere from 40-60 minutes to accomplish that.
  • tigerlily8045
    tigerlily8045 Posts: 402 Member
    it just depends on the workout. Last night, per my HRM doing 30 day shred, I burned 291. Your HRM will know, I would think, better than anything else because if you aren't putting the effort behind it it will show up there, not on your apps. That is how I know if I need to step up the pace or not.