First 5K

Options
2»

Replies

• JennS19
    JennS19 Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    I woud definitley reccomend warming up before hand. Especially if you plan on running at all. Just helps so much with your muscles and try to do a good stretch when your done, if possible.

have fun and enjoy yourself! Keep going, and don't quit. When I was walking I did a 5k in about 45-50 min. Keep at it. You'll do great!
  • NurseandMom1981
    NurseandMom1981 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    So I did a 5k Saturday at 55 minutes and not last! Another one this coming week I plan to do a better time! Thanks for all the encouraging words!
  • letobot
    letobot Posts: 205
    Options
    So I did a 5k Saturday at 55 minutes and not last! Another one this coming week I plan to do a better time! Thanks for all the encouraging words!

Awesome! Congrats....on to the next one.
  • Brandywithrow
    Options
    I didnt have time to read other posts so might say something already said.

I did my first 5 k in May , Back in January I weighed 260 lbs an I had NEVER ran a day in my life! I couldnt even run for 1 minute when I started but i kept at it and by May I did my first 5k an did it in 32 minutes. My advice would be dont go up to the front of the race you will feel like you have to keep up and you dont want to over do it right in the begining , you have to pace yourself for the whole thing! "Slow and Steady Wins the Race" even if you come in last you will be #1 compared to the people sitting at home on there couch that day :) If will feel great just to finish the race :) Luck luck!!
  • swozny
    Options
    This is such inspiration! I'm running (actually its a very slow jog... people probably walk faster than my jog) my first 5k on Thanksgiving morning, and I'm currently able to hit 2.5 miles in 27 minutes outside (and the full 3.1 miles in 34 minutes on the treadmill). I'm nervous about the day of the race! I've read so many forums on everyones first 5k, but I'm really ready to do it myself!