Why are people so insensitive.....

Options
I've been here for I think about 20 days....working really hard...logging everyday...working out everyday...and last night my MIL comes over and says ....haha...I lost another pound and I'm not even trying!!! :mad: She did weight watchers and lost about 15lbs and is now suppose to be "stabilzing"her weight where it is....but really when you know someone is struggling do you have to SHOVE yours down their face.. :grumble: ...seriously, I just looked at her and walked away....later last night she tried to say something about it again and I totally ignored her and changed the subject.....was she being rude or am I being totally oversensitive????? :frown:

Replies

• EmilyStrick
    Options
    rude! but don't even get me started on my MIL...
  • red01angel
    red01angel Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't say she was being RUDE, just insensitive. She may have just been excited and wanted to share her success with you.
    But then I know how MILs can be, so I wouldn't rule anything out :-P
  • melaldr
    Options
    Definitely rude...you are not being over-sensitive...she is doing it on purpose
  • lunglady
    lunglady Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Definitely rude! Just brush it off and keep it moving. :flowerforyou:
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    Yeah, what they said. Rude as a prude!
  • meganwojo
    meganwojo Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Wow, you definitely need to tell her that you are happy for her, but your struggling and would like your feelings to be acknowledged too. Thats wrong. My MIL better hopes she never says anything like that to me haha I dont know what I would do. Then again, sometimes people phrase things in the wrong way, she may have just wanted to share her good news.
  • karlowe
    karlowe Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Im sorry girl! if it makes you feel better...I only lost .2 of a pound this week...like seriously. cant really tell you if she was being rude but definitely doesnt sound supportive of your cause. I dont know her or yall's relationship..you prob know if she is a witch like that or not! just focus on U! we forget about us a LOT as mothers...u deserve goals and deserve the time to achieve them! Dont give up! SMILE! bigger! thats what Im talkin bout hot mama!!!!!!!!
  • SammiAnne11
    SammiAnne11 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Honey. I know the feeling....just brush it off. My sister is very competitive and I don't even want to go there. ...Know that you are the better person for not being a smarty pants back...and vent when needed!
  • jcompton3821
    Options
    Thanks ya'll!!! I'm probably just being silly and if truth be told a little jealous!! But she doesn't have a husband or 3 kids at home to feed so she had a definite advantage but...it's my life I must take responsibilty and not blame others....I WILL DO THIS!!!!