BALANCE - it is all about balance. Simple.

Options

Replies

• KrazyAsianNic
    KrazyAsianNic Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    :heart: love this post! Thank you for sharing this.
  • MommaKit79
    Options
    AMEN SANDY!!!! THANK YOU!!!! LOVE THIS and it so speaks volumes!!!

And yes, you are freakin AWESOME!!!! Thank you for being my friend on here!!!!
  • 12skipafew99100
    12skipafew99100 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    Thanks. I needed this, especially today as the scale has not been my friends for 3 days.
  • BlairCottier
    BlairCottier Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    LOVE this post!! I have this exact saying on my facebook profile :) Do what makes you happy and healthy, If its a bowl of icecream every once in a while, fine, if its a glass of wine on the weekend great, if its running on the treadmill, even better! However, having 5 cups of icecream, 10 glasses of wine and spending 5 hours on the treadmill every day is NOT healthy (unless you do this as a living as a professional athlete maybe, lol). Everything in moderation. Find what works for you and keep doing it!! The key to being healthy is making sure that you find time for EVERYTHING that makes you happy, starving and obsessing is never ok. Thanks for reminding us what is really important!
  • rinnismom
    Options
    i really enjoyed reading this blog. you've got the right mind-set and, yes, i've almost given up so many times by being overwhelmed with the forums.i think i'm going to make this my new mantra and reach my goals. i've struggled for a year and a half trying to figure out the right balance for me so i'm okay with the idea of "it may take some time." i would LOVE to be rocking a new body in 6 months but it's just not a realistic goal for me. so, again, thank you - i needed this reminder.
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    Thank you to all who have responded!

It is totally a process. I'm going on year 4 now of pushing hard. I have crappy food days, feeling fat days, I just wanna give up and eat doritos days... Its called being human!

Just don't give up!

Maybe I say it too often, but those who get rich quick tend to get poor quick. Those that fight to build their wealth, they will be the ones to fight to preserve it!

A lifestyle change is your wealth building... Massive weight losses over short terms are your lottery winnings.

If you've won the lotto - HELL YEAH! Congrats!
    Just please, please, DON'T blow all your winnings on donuts! :-P
  • 58Rock
    58Rock Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Ditto. Amen. Roger that. Work smart, eat smart, live smart.
  • Fit2befitZ
    Fit2befitZ Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Great post!!! :heart:
  • snowmaniac
    snowmaniac Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Awesome post my dear. :happy:
  • annepage
    annepage Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    I didn't realize balance was the key at first and am still trying to find the right balance for myself, but you are totally right.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    great post!
  • MissBernie73
    MissBernie73 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I love this, well said! :flowerforyou:
  • ImNotThatBob
    ImNotThatBob Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    BALANCE... just the right blend of sweetness mixed with in your face *kitten* kicking!
    :heart:
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone! so glad that it helped - even a little bit!

:flowerforyou:
  • crazybookworm
    crazybookworm Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    Thank you!! Whenever people ask me "How did you do it" they look at me like I'm lying when I my answer. I didn't diet, and I didn't give up every single thing I loved. Yes, I did cut out some things but what made me successful was: Moderation, Portion Control and Exercise. Or like you said; Balance.

There is no long-term quick fix, there is no untold secret. It's pretty plain and simple.

Great post!!
  • luv_2_lift
    luv_2_lift Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Fabulous post!!!
  • skassman345
    Options
    awesome
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Excellent post
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    Let me preface this by saying...
    - I am not a fitness instructor. Take what I have to say with a grain of salt, as it is learned by experience, not through a book.
    - I do not have endless hours to spend at a gym. I am separated mom of two girls (age 5 and 7), a home owner, and employee (working 40 hours a week), a commuter (spend an additional 1.5 hours in a vehicle each day), a pet owner.
    - I bust my *kitten* when I DO work out.

Here's the point I want to get across....

So many people come to this site wanting to better themselves, and they get lost in the forums. They hear things about macros, keytones, cleanses, bulk and cut cycles, and they freak out... and I bet a bunch just simply give up.

A large number of people on here just simply want to get healthy. They are tired of being tired. They are tired of being overweight. They are tired of being ashamed of their bodies.

This message is for THOSE people.

BALANCE

B A L A N C E

As far as I'm concerned, you don't need to spend an hour on the treaddy and three hours on the weights 5x a week to get in shape.
    Balance your eating habits (no you DON'T have to go crazy eg. paleo, cleanses, etc)
    Balance your workouts (eg... I run - cardio - and I box - cardio/strength)
    Balance your life (water, sleep, fun, work)...

You will end up looking great. It may take some time, but it will work.

It may take some time!

If you want to be RIPPED - then yeah, go nuts on the weights.
    If you want to be super LEAN - then ok, go nuts on the treaddy, in the pool, on the road....

If you want to cleanse, fine. If you want to eat clean, great. But you don't HAVE to in order to get healthy.

IF you want to just simply look and feel good in your own body... please, please, PLEASE...

remember the word BALANCE.

Cardio is great for cutting fat (as long as you're not pumping it back into your diet)
    Strength training (including body weight workouts like crunches, squats, pushups, planks) will add resilience to your body. It will help you from getting injured during your cardio.

Please don't give up...
    You can TOTALLY do this!

What's this!??! Common sense on the forums?!?! I don't believe it!! Yes yes yes everything you said is the truth!!!. Balance and moderation!!!! You don't have to become a gluten free vegan paleo diet 10 grams of carbs a day cleanse once a month and squat with a volkswagon on your back person to become physically fit. Hey if that's your thing.. have at it. But it's not necessary to look good, feel good and be healthy!!!!!
  • carriann2012
    carriann2012 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Well said!! I use to get so confused about all the advice on here that I just figured things out for myself and do what's best for me....Have a great day!! :smile: