Can anyone suggest some healthy/low cal Greek recipes?

Options
viglet
viglet Posts: 299 Member
I have been having a massive craving for Greek food lately. I'd like to take a stab at making some at home.

Any recipes or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Replies

• Molly_Maguire
    Molly_Maguire Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    Dolmades (stuffed grape leaves) are my absolute favorite food in the world, and pretty easy to make, if a little time-consuming. But they taste even better the next day, so we always make a huge batch that lasts several days. :) They are about 75 cal each, but I bet if you used the leanest beef and skimped on the amount of olive oil you can make them a lot less than that. We make the meat half-beef, half-pork, and they are like little nuggets of crack.

Here is a recipe pretty close to what we use, only we sub out the mint with salt and pepper and serve them with tzatziki.

http://kopiaste.org/2007/11/dolmades-stuffed-vine-leaves/
  • viglet
    viglet Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your suggestions!!!

I love the grape leafs!
  • cottagegal1
    cottagegal1 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Greek lemon chicken in crockpot.......absolutely wonderful

Brown Chicken breasts in some olive oil and sprinkle generously with oregano (and I put alot) turn over same thing spring with oregano, place chicken breasts in crock pot. I apologize I don't have measurements butyou can gauge it, put some chicken broth in the pan and stir to get the scrapings from the pan and add some real lemon to the mixture and garlic (I use the already jarred crushed garlic) with more oregano to your taste, once all scrapings have been mixed in, place in crockpot and leave to cook.....your house will smell delicious and the chicken is one of my favorites!!