Hey everyone! Has anyone lost weight just by staying within

Options
Hi I'm a pretty busy woman who doesn't have much time to exercise. On the plus side I eat healthy I watch my sodium and sugar intake. I also drink water and tons of green tea I see a difference in myself but I want to know if this will be enough to lose a nice amount of weight. Your comments and opinions are appreciated

Replies

• arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    staying within what?
  • tlblood
    tlblood Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I'm sure she meant staying within calorie goals.

I think you can lose a bit of weight just by cutting calories, but as you get closer to goal, exercise will make the difference.
  • drvvork
    drvvork Posts: 1,162
    Options
    If you meant staying with calories and net calories - I have and I have lost. I've messed up and gone over a few times but I have seen a loss. I do not have an exercise regimen.
  • dogmeat
    dogmeat Posts: 83
    Options
    At least 90% of losing weight is about diet. Exercise is helpful but, at least theoretically, not necessary (yes, you should still do it too, but if your diet is off, exercise alone won't make much difference).
  • missykaye1975
    Options
    At least 90% of losing weight is about diet. Exercise is helpful but, at least theoretically, not necessary (yes, you should still do it too, but if your diet is off, exercise alone won't make much difference).

I totally agree with this^^^.

Exercise does not have to take a lot of time though--it could be a 15 min. walk once a day or some type of physical activity that will help to keep you healthy and active. No one has time or $$$ to see the doctor either, but sooner or later our bodies make us TAKE the time and spend the $$$--I'd rather it be on the preventative side. :tongue: . Also, once you lose the weight, which if it is without exercise will be in the form of fat, water, AND muscle, and it will be more difficult to keep the weight off since muscle IS your metabolism. You will have to eat fewer calories to maintain your new weight, or risk putting it back on and then some--the "yo-yo" dieting syndrome. Plus, I'd rather be fit, trim, and muscular, than "skinny-fat". Just my two cents...I wish you all the best with your weight loss journey! :flowerforyou: