First mini goal met!

Options
Okay, so I'm fairly new to MFP. I just started my weight loss journey on October 9th when I tipped the scale at 200.8 lbs on my 5'2" frame. Now, let me just say that I am the very proud mommy of two amazing children. After the birth of my now two year old daughter, my thyroid stopped working. Before realizing the problem, I had put on 35 lbs. When I saw that 2 in the first digit on my scale, it really hit home. My medications are under control and it was time to make a change. So, with the support and guidance of my doctor, I went on a calorie restricted diet. With just the diet alone I have officially lost 8 lbs. I weighed in last week at exactly 192.8 lbs. While that is a small accomplishment, it just made me more thirsty for bigger loss. My son is turning 6 on the 18th of this month and I want to lose the extra 2.8 lbs before then so I can get back under 190. Soo..... today I went walking with my daughter in her stroller and I finished 3 miles!!! And guess what... it felt good. I was tired and had to keep pushing myself to keep going, but I did it. Now I feel like I have so much energy to get my housework done. I am going to start doing this trail every day with her as she enjoys the nature and I like the way I feel. I'm hoping that adding the exercise to my calorie-restricted diet will result in the changes I'm looking for. My husband has never seen me below 172 lbs, and my goal weight is 135. I've still got 58 lbs to go, but hey, it's a start.

Replies

• Curvimami
    Curvimami Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    Keep up the great work!!! You can do it!
  • alliet12
    alliet12 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    That's Amazing!! You did it and didn't quit! You will be there in no time!! :)
  • flyersrule17a
    flyersrule17a Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies. I'll be taking my first month progress pics tomorrow. I'm not expecting to see much change in the pics from Oct 9th to tomorrow since it's only 8 lbs lost, but I want to document my journey.
  • EnchantedEvening
    EnchantedEvening Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    Good for you! I'm glad you were able to get your thyroid under control, and it's awesome that you're sharing exercise time with your daughter.

I bet you'll be surprised by the pictures. I never expect to see much difference, but then it's there, staring right at me. I can't wait to see yours!
  • alschultz33
    alschultz33 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! Be proud. 8lbs is no small feat. Keep up the good work :)
  • Barbell_Jules
    Barbell_Jules Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Great job! Keep going with that great enthusiasm, it will help keep pushing you in the right direction. :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!